Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello guys,

I have read a lot of thread to found a solution for my problem of memory.
I have a GA-Z170M-D3H from Gigabyte, with a i7 6700k and El Capitan 10.11.5 (updated 2 days ago). My profil is setup as iMac 17,1 due to Skylake configuration.

As many of you About this Mac doesn't display the correct amount of memory, just half ! I have 2x8Go of Crucial Sport LT DDR4 2400 and El Capitan says 2x4Go .... I have search for a lot of solutions to solve this issue and finally found one who worked for me ! I would have to share it with you.

1. Go to Clover Configurator and mount your EFI.
  2. Go to Install/Update Clover and Click Check Now.
  3. Clover Configurator will display your version (version will be the same than in Unibeast Installer) and it will display the last version available : 3526
  4. Just update it and reboot.
It has worked perfectly on my configuration. OSX finally detect the correct size of memory ! And more...
I do some test : I modify the memory speed in bios from 2400 to 2533 and OSX update correctly this value !!!
Same test forward : 2533 to 2400 and the update is correctly display in About this Mac !!!

Hope it will work for you :)

Edit : please let me know if it works for you, and do some test by adding or removing memory to check if this solution work perfectly or not !!!

please let me know if it works for you, and do some test by adding or removing memory to check if this solution work perfectly or not !!!

Hello, Adrieno!

I just wanted to let you know that this worked for me, too! My machine said it had 16GB - 4x4GB sticks, and now it says I have 4x8GB sticks!

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back