Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Apple during the High Sierra Beta released a firmware update for the Mac Pro 5,1 to allow it to boot APFS volumes. The installer checks for this version and will display a message like this:

HS Firware Update.jpeg

To get around this you need to edit your Clover config.plist to contain the updated version information.

Under SMBIOS change BiosReleaseDate and BiosVersion to the following:

Code:
       <key>BiosReleaseDate</key>
       <string>08/08/17</string>
       <key>BiosVersion</key>
       <string>MP51.88Z.0084.B00.1708080528</string>

You should not hard code these settings into config.plist but better let always latest Clover auto detect correct bios version

You should not hard code these settings into config.plist but better let always latest Clover auto detect correct bios version
And just how is Clover going to do this when my PC has no Mac BIOS at all? No way is it going to auto-detect a Mac BIOS version on a PC-Mac / Hackintosh.

And just how is Clover going to do this when my PC has no Mac BIOS at all? No way is it going to auto-detect a Mac BIOS version on a PC-Mac / Hackintosh.

Clover will provide the data if you omit it.
The data is matched with your choice of mac model in config.plist/SMBIOS/ProductName.

Clover will provide the data if you omit it.
The data is matched with your choice of mac model in config.plist/SMBIOS/ProductName.
So Clover developers have updated the BIOS version to eliminate the need for the manual change for a Mac Pro 5,1 definition in the latest version of Clover? Last download from Sourceforge I got (r4220) still gives me the BIOS update required when I try to install on the X58A.

So Clover developers have updated the BIOS version to eliminate the need for the manual change for a Mac Pro 5,1 definition in the latest version of Clover? Last download from Sourceforge I got (r4220) still gives me the BIOS update required when I try to install on the X58A.
They certainly have, to the version in post #1, along with the FirmwareFeatures value.

If you look in your clover boot log (one way is to open Clover Configurator, and under tools, click Boot.log then click Generate log), you'll see something that looks like:

2:158 0:000 Using ProductName from config
2:158 0:000 ProductName: iMac14,2
2:158 0:000 Using latest BiosVersion from clover
2:158 0:000 BiosVersion: IM142.88Z.0123.B00.1708211454
2:158 0:000 BiosReleaseDate: 08/21/2017
2:158 0:000 Using FirmwareFeatures from clover
2:158 0:000 FirmwareFeatures: 0xE00FE137
2:158 0:000 Using FirmwareFeaturesMask from clover
2:158 0:000 FirmwareFeaturesMask: 0xFF1FFF3F

So yes Clover auto-generates this stuff. I don't understand why clover on some systems is not auto-generating the latest. One culprit would be an older Clover. Clover needs to be updated periodically simply to keep up-to-date with the latest bios/firmware versions for each SMBIOS. I gather you can override this with a setting in config.plist effectively telling clover not to auto-generate, but clearly not something most people would want to do.

The values are here
Never mind - installation of latest Clover = no change in BIOS version. Run Clover Configurator latest version to select MacPro5,1 system definition did the trick.

Back