Contribute
Register

Fix for failure NVIDIA Web Driver on High Sierra, black screen, panics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
will post config plist but not sure what to redact if anything
I only asked @derzaub as settings were apparently different depending on entering clover options screen or not. You can post yours if you want, redact anything unique to your machine.

turns out my machine is not completely working. After waking from sleep, it is pretty much unusable. After I enter my password, my icon moves to center, the blurry background sits there, and it never brings back the desktop. I can ssh in to it and try to diagnose but no time for that now. will have to reboot.

Anyone can explain why this happens?
Monitor preferences are stored ~/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.windowserver* by user/system id. There seems to be a problem between the configurations created using different web driver versions and/or the system graphics drivers that prevents login. Deleting from another user account or remote login is possible (or changing some settings so it gets re-created, if you can login in some other way).

I can't seem to get my setup working after update to 10.13
I have a Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H Motherboard with an EVGA GTX 470 and an I7 processor. I was able to update the nvidia graphics drivers, installed the lilo kexts, even was able to ssh to it and delete the window preferences files.. have tried everything I can think of.. still boots up and the monitors go to sleep or it boots up to a spinning wheel with the mouse cursor flashing.. If I boot with -v, It just sits at IOConsoleUser: gioscreenlockstate 3.....

Anyone else with the same vid card have any luck with this?

Thanks again @vulgo - config.plist attached.
Various fixes from Sierra I disabled are still in there. Works perfectly fine as far as I can tell (did not put it to sleep or anything so far etc) - and I can confirm that it does only work when booting from the extra menu. On 121 it just boots with macOS drivers if I dont.

Attachments

• config_redacted.plist
    6.4 KB · Views: 306
Thanks again @vulgo - config.plist attached.
Various fixes from Sierra I disabled are still in there. Works perfectly fine as far as I can tell (did not put it to sleep or anything so far etc) - and I can confirm that it does only work when booting from the extra menu. On 121 it just boots with macOS drivers if I dont.
Have experienced similar behaviour in the past, if i opened the entry menu, and even without changing anything, chose to 'boot with selected options', macOS then fails to boot.

Reduced the configuration file to what should be enough to boot normally if you paste the serials, not sure if this will help or not as you already said you had to add in extra options.

Attachments

• config-other.plist
    4.2 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
I did it in the exact same order, tried alternate methods used on the following pages after the main instructions, and still get a black screen. I had it working fine under Sierra, so when I created an installer for High Sierra I just copied my config.plist file so I could just drag and drop it in the the CLOVER folder once I had it installed.

I'm also using a DisplayPort and only one monitor. Twice when I was editing the CsrActiveConfig file the machine locked up. Command Option Escape didn't work so I had to do a force restart (restart button on the case).

I'm also using SMBIOS of iMac17,1, and for the GraphicsInjector in Clover, the only thing checked off is Use Nvidia Web Drivers. Ports show as "00" and a long string for the NVCAP "04000000000003000C0000000000000700000000". And whether I start with -x or -s I still get a black screen.

So I started over. I removed all the Nvidia kexts (the more thorough method removing the GeF*.* extensions) and tried again, this time putting the Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kexts in the Library/Extensions folder as previously suggested by another user. This time I did not have any locks ups when changing the CsrActiveConfig parameters from 0x00 to 0x67. After installing the Nvidia drivers again I restarted and still get a black screen.

please help with it.

Without the GPU everything works great.
with the GPU problem:
IOConsoleUsers: time(0) 0->0, lin 0, llk 1,
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, nov 0, sm 0x0

My build:
Mobo: Gigabyte Z270X Ultra Gaming (BIOS F7 07/07/2017)
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K
GPU: GTX1070
SSD: Samsung 850PRO (Mac OS Extended Journaled)

now iMac18,3

Clover 4268 with EmuVariableUefi
WebDriver-378.10.10.10.15.121 (no error)

Installed with KextBeast (last ver.):
Lilu.kext
NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
and copied it to kext/other

I tried:

sudo nvram -c
sudo kextcache -i /

sudo touch /Library/Extensions /System/Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -u /

IntelGFX 0x12345678
Other 0x0

thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_3913.jpg
    IMG_3913.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 184
  • EFI_3.zip
    16.8 MB · Views: 105
Last edited:
New CUDA driver available, upgraded from pathced 9.0.197 to 9.0.214 without issues.
Nvidia Web Driver 10.25.28 378.10.10.10.15.121

Can i just update normally or i have to do it all over again like the initial post says?? Sorry for the dumb question. Also did you update to 10.13.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back