Contribute
Register

Fix for failure NVIDIA Web Driver on High Sierra, black screen, panics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read this thread and really appreciate "iLikeHackintosh"'s time & effort. But I thrashed around with these problems for about 2 weeks after upgrading to the "supplemental update" to HS 10.13, and I will say that I am now really enjoying 10.12.6 once again! I'll wait for Unibeast and Multibeast updates for HS before trying it again. Or maybe 10.13.6! :thumbdown

I'll try a fresh install and go at it again.
You could try running the attached shell script on a fresh install with SIP disabled i.e. not 0x0

Attachments

• altnvweb-120.sh.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 195
Solved! Bear in mind for the following post that my SMBIOS is iMac17,1 and has 3 monitors all running over Displayport...

I fixed my graphics problems! I'm not sure what combination of solutions worked here (or whether it was just one), but I tried Lilu+NvidiaGraphicsFixup with EmuVariable64, I tried manually patching the AppleGraphicsDisplayPolicy kext, then I tried the AGDPfix.app solution. It was by this point that I could get to the desktop from boot in full resolution on one screen only. Trying combinations of other screens resulted in non-deterministic booting and non-deterministic screen blackouts. Odd.

Obviously, only 1 out of 3 screens working isn't good enough. What managed to make all 3 work however was altering the Windows 8/10 Support option in my BIOS from Other OS to Windows 8/10. This then toggles a flag which makes the CSM Support (Compatibility Support Module) option available. I set this to Disabled.

Viola! Three working monitors at full 2560x1440 resolution, deterministic booting with boot monitor and login monitor not changing, and the boot process itself is now in full resolution too.

I'm going to go back and remove/undo the changes made (other than CSM) to see exactly what minimum viable configuration works here.

Thanks for your help everyone!

I'm still getting the reboot even tho I have followed the procedure and got EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in my drivers64UEFI folder. What am I missing, any ideas? Attached EFI folder.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.7 MB · Views: 131
I'm still getting the reboot even tho I have followed the procedure and got EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in my drivers64UEFI folder. What am I missing, any ideas? Attached EFI folder.
In your drivers64UEFI folder you have OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi which is wrong.
They both do the same thing so you should have one or the other but not both.

Try this config.plist :

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.1 KB · Views: 394
In your drivers64UEFI folder you have OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi which is wrong.

Try this config.plist :
It worked, thanks! What was the problem exactly? Having both osxaptiofixdrv wasn't a problem before installing web driver, do they interfere now somehow?

It worked, thanks! What was the problem exactly?
I think that the main issues were that you had selected -disablegfxfirmware in your config.plist and had neglected to disable SIP.

so my problem is fixed, i was able to boot with the new nvidia drivers.. problem is.. half of the time it reboots while loading.. for no reason.. (same boot loop with "IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3 ") anyone knows why??

Try this config.plist :

This gets me past the installation, however when I get through the final screen of "Setting up your Mac" the computer freezes and does not go any further.

this is even before installing web drivers, fresh off an install

This gets me past the installation, however when I get through the final screen of "Setting up your Mac" the computer freezes and does not go any further.

this is even before installing web drivers, fresh off an install
Try installing again but when it comes to setting up the network select the This computer does not connect to the Internet option.
You can set up the network once the OS has installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back