Contribute
Register

Fix for failure NVIDIA Web Driver on High Sierra, black screen, panics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have followed this guide along with the additional commentary by Raouws here, and I'm still cursed with a black screen... iMac17,1.

Checklist:
  • Installed EmuVariableUefi.efi
  • Made sure to set CsrActiveConfig to 0x00 then reboot, then change to 0x67, then install the latest (120) drivers
  • Have latest Lilu.kext & NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext which were installed into /L/E & Clover.

Any ideas? :/

Have you tried the AGDPfix.app fix method? That works for me and I'm running iMac 17,1. If you are using that method, you must set CsrActiveConfig back to 0x67 before restarting with the NVIDIA Web Drivers. I suspect this is because macOS realizes you have tampered with a kext by running AGDPfix.app, and it won't initialize with SIP enabled.

@iLikeHackintosh, I can't thank you enough for this write up. This is a huge help to the community.

Have you tried the AGDPfix.app fix method? That works for me and I'm running iMac 17,1. If you are using that method, you must set CsrActiveConfig back to 0x67 before restarting with the NVIDIA Web Drivers. I suspect this is because macOS realizes you have tampered with a kext by running AGDPfix.app, and it won't initialize with SIP enabled.

Well, I tried option 4 outlined here which essentially does the same thing as AGDPfix.app right? If so, it made no difference :/

I'm out of options at this point afaik.

Well, I tried option 4 outlined here which essentially does the same thing as AGDPfix.app right? If so, it made no difference :/

I'm out of options at this point afaik.
same here, i was able to get back to desktop by uninstalling the driver but once i reboot after installing the new version loop comes back.. i was still able to go back to desktop without the drivers (had to go to recovery and erase blah blah blah).

Just tried AGDPfix.app now (made sure to do it at 0x67), then rebooted, then installed the drivers (still at 0x67, disregarded the warning message). It didn't work. Nothing works, lol.

Just tried AGDPfix.app now (made sure to do it at 0x67), then rebooted, then installed the drivers (still at 0x67, disregarded the warning message). It didn't work. Nothing works, lol.
try with nv_drv=1
I had the same problem after installing the new drivers and it got fixed with that (thought we didn't had to use that flag anymore)

Note that it says this though:

> Install the Lilu.kext & NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. It says it's for MacPro6,1 but omrij confirms it works for iMac15 and pastrychef confirms it works for the iMac 17 board IDs as well.

Which I've already done?
Be sure that you have the latest versions.

If your graphics card has more than one output of the type that you are using then try another one.

Ive been having these issues since the Supplemental update. After following the steps in the first post, I install Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup kexts, reboot, and now I get a reboot before the login screen.

So went into SafeMode, that booted, installed the WebDrivers to see if that helps, but still get a black screen instead of a login screen and a reboot after about 10 seconds. My Sys Definition is 14,2 though, should I change it to 17 or keep as is (seeing it seems the best for my build)

Ive been having these issues since the Supplemental update. After following the steps in the first post, I install Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup kexts, reboot, and now I get a reboot before the login screen.

So went into SafeMode, that booted, installed the WebDrivers to see if that helps, but still get a black screen instead of a login screen and a reboot after about 10 seconds. My Sys Definition is 14,2 though, should I change it to 17 or keep as is (seeing it seems the best for my build)

You need the latest Lilu.kext & NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext. Also make sure, that your Clover config is properly set. For example the latest NvidiaGraphicsFixup has fix for Nvidia web driver: since 10.13 it is located in /L/E not /S/L/E !!

You need the latest Lilu.kext & NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext. Also make sure, that your Clover config is properly set. For example the latest NvidiaGraphicsFixup has fix for Nvidia web driver: since 10.13 it is located in /L/E not /S/L/E !!

Thanks!

Yup, followed steps from this post #473, got them in /L/E

I'll try a fresh install and go at it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back