Contribute
Register

Fix for failure NVIDIA Web Driver on High Sierra, black screen, panics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.
I have same videocard as you and have a problem running Davinci on CUDA. Want to ask you - did you try run it by any chance?

Not yet, only tried Final Cut X which worked.
I’m not sure but I don’t think the CUDA driver is designed for the latest graphics drivers. Needs an update.

Tried to follow all the steps above and still got black screen.
What's weird though is that i'm able to boot when i don't install the nvidia web driver.

Now i'm trying to remove all the kexts related to Nvidia in order to boot my hackintosh again. How can i know the name of my startup disk to replace the "HDD" in the command lines that you posted here? I'd be glad if anyone could help.

Tried to follow all the steps above and still got black screen.
What's weird though is that i'm able to boot when i don't install the nvidia web driver.

Now i'm trying to remove all the kexts related to Nvidia in order to boot my hackintosh again. How can i know the name of my startup disk to replace the "HDD" in the command lines that you posted here? I'd be glad if anyone could help.

To get the name of your startup disk, go to Disk Utilities

Unfortunately, not able to select NVIDIA driver once everything is installed. In Sierra everything worked properly. After updating to 10.13, the Nvidia Driver stopped working, so I followed instructions above. I installed the latest driver .120, updated the .kext files, and temporary disabled SIP and turned it back on. Driver installs without problems after reboot system still uses OSX driver. I switch it to nvidia, reboot and then it's back to OSX driver.

Any help would be great.

The card I am using is EVGA GTX 690 on ASUS P8Z68-v Pro board with Legacy EFI Boot.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.7 KB · Views: 276
Unfortunately, not able to select NVIDIA driver once everything is installed. In Sierra everything worked properly. After updating to 10.13, the Nvidia Driver stopped working, so I followed instructions above. I installed the latest driver .120, updated the .kext files, and temporary disabled SIP and turned it back on. Driver installs without problems after reboot system still uses OSX driver. I switch it to nvidia, reboot and then it's back to OSX driver.

Any help would be great.

The card I am using is EVGA GTX 690 on ASUS P8Z68-v Pro board with Legacy EFI Boot.
Delete nvram.plist if present and change NvidiaWeb from false to true in config.plist

Delete nvram.plist if present and change NvidiaWeb from false to true in config.plist

Okay a little progress, it now says the nvidia driver is being used but still acting like its not. Very jerky window movement and less color range. Also noticed under "about my mac" it list the card as NVIDIA chip Model 7mb

Last edited:
Okay a little progress, it now says the nvidia driver is being used but still acting like its not. Very jerky window movement and less color range. Also noticed under "about my mac" it list the card as NVIDIA chip Model 7mb
You could try reinstalling the web driver. No need to repeat your steps in post #1. Ignore the SIP warning in installer.

Hi, I'm actually stuck with rebooting problem. I followed this guide and I realized unchecking `nv_drv=1` (defaulted to unchecked) the system boots with glitched screen (no nvidia drivers I think), otherwise I get `gIOScreenLockState`. Any thoughts?

MacOS Sierra worked as a charm with the very same specs.

Hi, I'm actually stuck with rebooting problem. I followed this guide and I realized unchecking `nv_drv=1` (defaulted to unchecked) the system boots with glitched screen (no nvidia drivers I think), otherwise I get `gIOScreenLockState`. Any thoughts?

MacOS Sierra worked as a charm with the very same specs.
The Nvidia driver loads according to the presence of an NVRAM variable, "nvda_drv" the value should be "0x1" for it to load. Clover can set it for you when NvidiaWeb in SystemParameters is set to true. Use of EmuVariableUEFI-64.EFI driver without the Clover RC scripts can interfere with the contents of NVRAM e.g. changes to NVRAM in macOS may have no effect on the next reboot. Remove the nv_disable boot argument if it is present, the drivers won't load with that there either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back