Contribute
Register

FIX for boot hangs after BIOS update (ACPI PATCH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need Help ! i have opencore
does anyone knows how to apply this ACPI patch on opencore ?

thanks

EDIT: never mind i found it on page 38

Last edited:

In your Bios enable multi monitor support, PEG/PCIE(RX 580) as primary, IGPU enabled DVMT pre allocated memory 128mb.
Hi Matty. I really need you help again. I finally upgrade to Catalina 3 days ago and the install went fine and 10.15.7 is running just fine on my coffee lake with RX560. But when I ran the security update 006 it will not install and i now have the install disk on the clover start page as a third choice. I have posted "

Catalina security update 006 went south" on the Catalina Desktop Support but have not gotten any response​

Thanks for your help, Jim

Well, updated my Z370XP SLI to F15 due to the warning that there was a security vulnerability. Didn't know about this until I did it. I've tried adding the patch to the installer USB but still will not boot. Any advice?

Well, updated my Z370XP SLI to F15 due to the warning that there was a security vulnerability. Didn't know about this until I did it. I've tried adding the patch to the installer USB but still will not boot. Any advice?
I updated F15 and reinstalled mac os is work and no problem.

I have HS with clover 4.4.5.8 working.. My MB is aorus z370 gaming 7 with F4 BIOS. I've added the patch... Do you think if I update the bios from F4 to F14 will my hack boot without any issues from Clover or High Sierra? Is it enough to just patch the clover and update the bios?

F14, not F15, cause there is no way back from F15...

Last edited:
I have HS with clover 4.4.5.8 working.. My MB is aorus z370 gaming 7 with F4 BIOS. I've added the patch... Do you think if I update the bios from F4 to F14 will my hack boot without any issues from Clover or High Sierra? Is it enough to just patch the clover and update the bios?

F14, not F15, cause there is no way back from F15...
Your system is comparable to my second system. I am also using the same Clover version 4458 to boot MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (and also Sierra 10.12.6) on my system.

From my own experience, if you added the patch to config.plist correctly, then after upgrading the BIOS and configuring the BIOS settings correctly, you should be able to boot back into High Sierra.

ACPI hot patch, RTC FIX. Compared the new bios with the old one, replaced hexadecimal.
Tempted to try? :twisted:
Another thanks, was the single difference between a working install monterey on a:
HP Elitedesk 800 G3 i7-6700

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back