Contribute
Register

FIX for boot hangs after BIOS update (ACPI PATCH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Works great on (F14) Z370 AORUS GAMING WIFI (rev. 1.0) running 10.15.15

To anyone who is confused about adding the ACPI Patch, it is extremely simple. In Clover, open up the config file for the drive you're wanting to patch. On the ACPI menu, click the + icon on the bottom right corner of the Patches section. Then enter manually exactly as listed in the pic above. Save the config file and reboot and install bios update. It's that simple. For me, there was NO messing with other files that could cause issues, or cause confusion.

I am detailing this here, because I myself fell into the trap of confusion, and couldn't find detailed examples. Not every one is a Hachintosh expert, and that's ok. I hope this helps out.

Hello, I have the same issus...
Motherboard: EPC621D8A, both the hot patch and ssdt are not work.
Here is my dsdt.
I found the 'RTC Device' is diffenerce in my dsdt.

Code:
 Device (RTC)
{
     Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0B00"))  // _HID: Hardware ID
     Name (_CRS, ResourceTemplate ()  // _CRS: Current Resource Settings
     {
         IO (Decode16,
             0x0070,             // Range Minimum
             0x0070,             // Range Maximum
             0x01,               // Alignment
             0x02,               // Length
             )
         IO (Decode16,
             0x0074,             // Range Minimum
             0x0074,             // Range Maximum
             0x01,               // Alignment
             0x04,               // Length
             )
         IRQNoFlags ()
             {8}
     })
}

Nothing about SATS...
So I make ssdt like this, but not work.
Code:
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 1, "HACK", "SET-STAS", 0x00000000)
{
    External (_SB_.PC00.LPC0, DeviceObj)    // (from opcode)
    External (_SB_.PC00.LPC0.RTC_, DeviceObj)    // (from opcode)
    External (STAS, IntObj)    // (from opcode)

Scope (_SB.PC00.LPC0)
    {
        Method (_INI, 0, NotSerialized)  // _INI: Initialize
        {
            Store (One, STAS)
        }
    }

Scope (_SB.PC00.LPC0.RTC)
    {
        Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)  // _STA: Status
        {
            If (LEqual (STAS, One))
            {
                Return (0x0F)
            }
            Else
            {
                Return (Zero)
            }
        }
    }
}

Thanks!!

Solved.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    3 MB · Views: 128
  • DSDT befor update bios.aml
    2.9 MB · Views: 97
Last edited:
I needed to use this on the config.plist on the USB to get Catalina installed. Does it need to be added to he config.plist on the Hard Drive as well? I can't seem to get it booted off of the Hard Drive. Currently having to boot off the USB and then start the Macintosh HD to get to the installation. This is after setting up MultiBeast

To anyone who is confused about adding the ACPI Patch, it is extremely simple. In Clover, open up the config file for the drive you're wanting to patch. On the ACPI menu, click the + icon on the bottom right corner of the Patches section. Then enter manually exactly as listed in the pic above. Save the config file and reboot and install bios update. It's that simple. For me, there was NO messing with other files that could cause issues, or cause confusion.

I am detailing this here, because I myself fell into the trap of confusion, and couldn't find detailed examples. Not every one is a Hachintosh expert, and that's ok. I hope this helps out.
Hello FilmMaker85, I do not see a "Picture above" - would someone be able to either enter the needed text or re-attach a picture?

Thank you,

chronk

@chronk,

Navigate to Post #1 of this thread. The info you need is in the screenshot. Click on it and blow it up. What you want to end up with in your config.plist in the ACPI section is what you see in the selected line in that picture. To get there, open your config.plist in Clover Configurator, and in the ACPI section (chosen in the left column if not already there), click the "+" symbol outiside the lower right corner of that window. This creates a new item in the window. Then click on each field in the new line starting from left to right, and manually type in everything you see in that post #1 picture into your new line. When done, SAVE the config. plist, and then close it and go for booting.

I needed to use this on the config.plist on the USB to get Catalina installed. Does it need to be added to the config.plist on the Hard Drive as well? I can't seem to get it booted off of the Hard Drive. Currently having to boot off the USB and then start the Macintosh HD to get to the installation. This is after setting up MultiBeast

Of course you need to. Otherwise you won't be able to boot from the hard drive / SSD.

I have a similar board, but the z490 version (msi z490-a pro) with a 10700k. I can boot after tweking many of the open core config settings (virtual map true false, etc until it boots), but it is very laggy once booted (finder takes like 2 minutes to open when I first load). Could this patch possibly be needed on my board since it is similar to the other msi a pro board that needs it? If so, how to I add the patch to open core config?

I have a Gigabyte Z370 XP SLI and am using an Core i5 9600K S Spec SRG11. From my understanding the stepping this chip uses will not function with any of the BIOS that do not require the patch. What can I do to install this patch prior to installing OS X? Perhaps I am missing something but from reading this thread people are using this patch with machines running the older BIOS and then updating to the newer BIOS after applying the patch on their working Hackintosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back