Contribute
Register

FIX for boot hangs after BIOS update (ACPI PATCH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confirmed working on Asus Z390-H Gaming.
Added the patch to Clover manually after BIOS update using a Linux live USB. The hex must be inserted in config.plist in base64.
Thanks for the patch.

Hi, would you be kind to help my out how to use the linux live USB to fix this problem?
thanks

Hi, would you be kind to help my out how to use the linux live USB to fix this problem?
thanks

You can use windows 10 too, mount the EFI partition using CMD, after that use a program called "Explorer++" to open and do modifications.

Thanks very much, mattystonnie -- you just solved my BIOS update problem!
I don't fully understand why/how your ACPI fix works, but it does.

My MoBo is an MSI 370-A Pro.
I was previously running the original BIOS: 7B48v20.
Updating to the latest (7B48v2B) was causing my Hackintosh to fail at boot.
So I downloaded every available update and went through them one at a time, before I discovered your post here.
In my case, v20-v29 all worked OK. The latest two, v2A and v2B caused problems.

MSI's website is completely unhelpful about what's different:
For v2A:
- Update RST driver to 17.5
- Update Microcode.

For v2B:
- Update Microcode.
- Improved TPM function.

So I'm very grateful that you did the work and found whatever they changed. I'm currently running an i5-8400 but planning on upgrading to an i9-9900k very soon and wanted to make sure my BIOS was ready, especially since the description for v29 back in April 2019 said "- Update Microcode to support upcoming cpu." (Although, who the heck knows what that means.).

Anyway, thanks.

I've put the patch into a file that you can merge into you config.plist

Thanks, worked for my Z370M-DS3H that stuck after BIOS update (I use Nvidia card, so can't move from 10.13, and i5-9600). With BIOS v.F10 I can't install Windows, but on F11 and 12 High Sierra installer didn't work, until I applied that patch

hi,
I am a newbie trying to install catalina. Stuck at at acpi error.

I downloaded the patched files, but when i use the terminal command it says error reading the file.

Where do i put the downloaded patched files? Does anyone have a working EFI to share for ASUS z370-i motherboard? Thanks.

Sad to say it didn't work for me on the Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming - rev. 1.0. Good job I made a backup of the bios before I started as I had to revert to the old version.

Hi, I have the 2.0 version and worked for me on bios F14

Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming 2 - rev. 1.0

A00A9353 54415301 replace : A00A910A FF0BFFFF

@mattystonnie

- Applied both patches in Clover

- Updated to F14B on Gigabyte Z370M-DS3H

- Redone BIOS settings

- Boot

- ???

- Profit

- You're the best!

Hi Mattystonnie

I confirm that your patch works with Gigabyte Z370 Aorus UG 2-OP with BIOS F15a.
The SSDT way works too.
I am now under OpenCore 0.5.9 and the easiest way is the SSDT way but we can also patch /EFI/OC/config.plist in ACPI>Patch>item 0
patch.png

Thanks a lot @mattystonnie

This patch is key to booting my system, thanks so much! ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4

@mattystonnie
Unfortunately I tried both the ACPI patches and even the SSDT and absolutely nothing helps to boot my Hackintosh with latest bios. Motherboard is MSI X299 Tomahawk AC. I have to revert to 1B bios to be able to boot. 1D, 1E and 1F Bioses don't work and those are the ones with updated CPU micro-code to accommodate 10 Series HEDT CPUs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back