Contribute
Register

FIX for boot hangs after BIOS update (ACPI PATCH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm stuck after a bios update. I've tried a few fixes in this thread but I can't get my bricked MacOS Mojave get to work again. I'm on a Asus TUV z390-a with bios 2606. See my config.plist attached.
Any help is very much appreciated.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 81
Hello, i have update my msi z370 fw and my hackintosh do not boot anymore. I saw this tread but how can i load my efi folder without boot. I see my clover menu. Is there a way to load my efi without booting to my os partition? Thanks for your help.

@mattystonnie
You are a life saver! Thank you sooo much!
I can confirm this fix works on Asus Strix z390 i.
After I updated my bios from ver.1003 to ver.2401 my hackintosh won't boot and this update is not reversible.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/a-solution-of-asus-new-bios-ver-2012-not-downgrading.273151/ this could be a fix but z390i don't have that Legacy RTC option.
After applied your patch I immediately booted to my system(10.13.6)!
How do you patch your computer without booting to it? thanks

How do you patch your computer without booting to it? thanks
Use Windows CMD promt, mount the EFI partition and use Explorer++ app to do modifications in EFI.
Edit the Clover config file with Plist editor pro.

Use Windows CMD promt, mount the EFI partition and use Explorer++ app to do modifications in EFI.
Thanks a lot i finaly manage to mount my efi as external drive on a other computer. And manage to boot. I have other trouble like wake up not working properly. I make the bios update to resolv my fan not speed up but no change.

I also realised that this patch also has to be applied to the config.plist file inside the EFI partition of the USB installation drive created by UniBeast, or the USB stick would be useless.

Could you explain with more details, please? newbie here, don't know how to follow these instructions.
Im trying a fresh install, there's no MacOS, only Windows. How can I apply your ACPI patch? im stuck at "apfs_module_start:1393".
Im also attaching my config.plist from EFI of unibeast pendrive, and it would be wonderful if you could do the changes (instead of explaining).
thank you a lot!

Attachments

• config.rar
    1.5 KB · Views: 82
Could you explain with more details, please? newbie here, don't know how to follow these instructions.
Im trying a fresh install, there's no MacOS, only Windows. How can I apply your ACPI patch? im stuck at "apfs_module_start:1393".
Im also attaching my config.plist from EFI of unibeast pendrive, and it would be wonderful if you could do the changes (instead of explaining).
thank you a lot!
use the mac you used to create your installer, use either xcode or plisteditpro to edit your config.plist

Not to be too dull, but ... my ASUS ROG Hero XI BIOS updates via a USB stick, and a button press on the mobo when the computer is powered OFF. (It is not updated over the internet, with the computer powered on.) Is there some reason for me to use this patch? It would only come into play after the BIOS is updated. If so, do I leave the patch active?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back