Contribute
Register

FIX for boot hangs after BIOS update (ACPI PATCH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if this patch will work with MSI MPG z390M Gaming Edge AC board? I have the latest bios from MSI

Anyone know if this patch will work with MSI MPG z390M Gaming Edge AC board? I have the latest bios from MSI

Try it out and let us know. I’m sure it’ll work since it worked for my MPG Z390 Gaming Plus.

I tried a new install on asus prime z390-a bios ver. 1302 with intel i5 9600k, sapphire pulse RRX580 8gb and samsung 970 pro M.2 NVME.
I applied the acpi patch provided. Tried with Mojave install (No go!) then tried with High sierra almost succeeded but it would not finish installation after second reboot. I then tried so many different EFI that i decided to start from scratch again, now it won't even start from the usb stick i get this message. THank you all I finally managed to get everything to work.

Attachments

• IMG_0015.JPG
    IMG_0015.JPG
    6.1 MB · Views: 223
Last edited:
It should be worthy to try now as recent UEFI versions fixed the security issues for Intel CPUs. Make sure you have created a backup for your UEFI before updating to a newer (but not beta) version.

I just wanted to report another successful update case. I went from bios F5 to F13 on my Z370N-WiFi and the update was seamless. I applied the patch, flashed the new BIOS, re-set my BIOS settings and my hackintosh booted just like nothing has changed. This method seems robust and upgrade-resistant. Thanks for sharing @mattystonnie!

@mattystonnie Hey! I saw you help another guy who this didn’t work for by having him dump his default DSDT. I’ve done that here and i’m praying you can help me out

Attachments

• DSDT.zip
    39.1 KB · Views: 88
@mattystonnie Thank you very much. I was having all kinds of trouble installing a Titan Ridge card. I got the card working and recognized by the BIOS after I updated from F5 to F14 and initialized in Windows. My Gigabyte GA-Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 refused to boot into Mac OS. I used another Mac to paste the patch into config.plist using Clover Configurator on a backup test system. Next I will put the patch in my NVMe main system.

I was trying to downgrade from catalina to high sierra because i had a useless 2080- I got my hands on a barely used 1060 (why I chose over amd...it was worth less than $100 to this person) and holy hell

I was at it for 36 hours (slept for 10 in middle). Could not get it. And Im on break. I just wanted it to work. anyways...learned java, built a repository with a friend, learned osx and kubuntu terminal and commands, learned how to manually write things to disks...STILL NOTHING

and YOU my friend @mattystonnie said "write acpi and a bunch of numbers" and NOW IT WORKS

Im at the language menu, out of respect i hopped on my macbook to say ty before I load.

ok bye

z390 gaming edge
32gb ram
a mouse

I was trying to downgrade from catalina to high sierra because i had a useless 2080- I got my hands on a barely used 1060 (why I chose over amd...it was worth less than $100 to this person) and holy hell

I was at it for 36 hours (slept for 10 in middle). Could not get it. And Im on break. I just wanted it to work. anyways...learned java, built a repository with a friend, learned osx and kubuntu terminal and commands, learned how to manually write things to disks...STILL NOTHING

and YOU my friend @mattystonnie said "write acpi and a bunch of numbers" and NOW IT WORKS

Im at the language menu, out of respect i hopped on my macbook to say ty before I load.

ok bye

z390 gaming edge
32gb ram
a mouse
Ok Bye :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back