Contribute
Register

FIX for boot hangs after BIOS update (ACPI PATCH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RX 570 for 3 monitors.

Are these patches BIOS version specific, or is the patch only for when you update the BIOS after initial install?
For example I started with (Strix Z390-E) BIOS version 1005, and used this patch to update to 1105. Do I need a different patch for BIOS version 1302?
Thanks

Are these patches BIOS version specific, or is the patch only for when you update the BIOS after initial install?
For example I started with (Strix Z390-E) BIOS version 1005, and used this patch to update to 1105. Do I need a different patch for BIOS version 1302?
Thanks

Same patch for new bios.

@Stargovic
I also have the ASUS TUF Z390-Pro Gaming (WiFi) and had the same issues after updating my BIOS to the latest version 2417.
First check all BIOS settings. The update resets all settings to default. Don't restore a previous profile, it's not compatible with the newest v2417.
If you're able to boot into Clover boot screen, then choose UEFI Shell and type the following commands:

map fs*

Find your EFI partition. My partition was fs1.

map fs1 fs1: cd /EFI/CLOVER/ edit config.plist

Find section Patches and insert:

Code:
<dict>
        <key>Patches</key>
        <array>
                <dict>
                        <key>Comment</key>
                        <string>ACPI Patch by mattystonnie</string>
                        <key>Enabled</key>
                        <false/>
                        <key>Find</key>
                        <data>
                        oAqTU1RBUwE=
                        </data>
                        <key>Replace</key>
                        <data>
                        oAqRCv8L//8=
                        </data>
                </dict>
        </array>
</dict>

Save with F2 and close with F3.
After a reboot you should be able to boot into your macOS.

the setting works on my gigabyte z370 MB - thanks, but i needs to be Enabled - /true not /false as stated above

I've put the patch into a file that you can merge into you config.plist using plistbuddy. After unzipping the file the command in Terminal would look something like this:

Bash:
/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Merge ACPI_Patch :ACPI:DSDT:" /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist

Thank you SO much for making this into a plist snippet that I could edit into config.plist by hand since I have no way to boot macos to run any sort of gui without getting this right. I got myself into this situation with a motherboard upgrade from B150 to msi mpg z390 gaming pro carbon, and I applied the config.plist change manually at the efi shell using edit, and then, success!

mojave-z390.png

Thanks to the author of patch. On GIGABYTE B365M-H this solution needs to skip boot stuck on "PCI Configuration end".

This patch worked great after I upgraded from MSI Z270 PC MATE with 6700K to MSI Z390 MPG Gaming Plus with 9600K and macOS would hang at boot.
Thanks for the great work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back