Contribute
Register

FIX for boot hangs after BIOS update (ACPI PATCH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I am fine with hdmi . Thanks for ALL your help. I will hope that future versions of Lilu & weg will fix the problem....maybe ...... wishful thinking.

Last edited:
Guys please help me - how can i patch this if i cant boot ? I've tried reverting to old bios but something is still wrong and i cannot get into system - High sierra - clover - gigabyte z370 hd3 - i7 9700k - newest bios ver. Some time ago I updated to previous version and found some solution that i made a pendrive with some fix and just booting into a pendrive solved the problem, but i cannot find this solution any more. I've tried all bios versions since f10 and none of them work, stil stuck on apple logo

Guys please help me - how can i patch this if i cant boot ? I've tried reverting to old bios but something is still wrong and i cannot get into system - High sierra - clover - gigabyte z370 hd3 - i7 9700k - newest bios ver

See Post #19.

Guys please help me - how can i patch this if i cant boot ? I've tried reverting to old bios but something is still wrong and i cannot get into system - High sierra - clover - gigabyte z370 hd3 - i7 9700k - newest bios ver

Use Windows CMD promt, mount the EFI partition and use Explorer++ app to do modifications in EFI.
Edit the Clover config file with Plist editor pro.

Use Windows CMD promt, mount the EFI partition and use Explorer++ app to do modifications in EFI.
Edit the Clover config file with Plist editor pro.
Thank You, I did all You said, now I'm in editor but can't find 'patches' line in my config, so i'm not sure where to paste the fix

and now something broke and says that the file is empty....

Thank You very much for Your help, I finally managed to fix everything ! Quick question - if I would like to clean install mojave now do I have to somehow apply this patch to installation pendrive ?

Apply the patch also to the pendrive. Mojave doesn't support GTX 1070Ti, only AMD and Intel Onboard IGPU.

Apply the patch also to the pendrive. Mojave doesn't support GTX 1070Ti, only AMD and Intel Onboard IGPU.
I know :( can You recomend any cheap amd card that supports 3 monitors and works fine in mojave ? I'm just doing music production, so I dont need a lot of power under osx. Thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back