Contribute
Register

FIX for boot hangs after BIOS update (ACPI PATCH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meant to post this with my last post. I was able to get it to install but it hung with the bar full. I had put both patches for it to even start.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 115
  • E486F68A-5B1A-47C8-ADB5-1BC5438F8334.jpeg
    E486F68A-5B1A-47C8-ADB5-1BC5438F8334.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 106
I’ve removed and added the patches, with no change. I’ve gone back and reset the MoBo to optimized settings then enabled/disabled per the Mojave guide. Still it stops with the bar full and won’t proceed. Not sure what to do next.

I’ve removed and added the patches, with no change. I’ve gone back and reset the MoBo to optimized settings then enabled/disabled per the Mojave guide. Still it stops with the bar full and won’t proceed. Not sure what to do next.
What BIOS v. are you using?? after I installed bios v2417 I can no longer boot into BIOS with a mac formatted drive connected to the mobo, I'm going nuts with this

What BIOS v. are you using?? after I installed bios v2417 I can no longer boot into BIOS with a mac formatted drive connected to the mobo, I'm going nuts with this
My BIOS is 2203. Oddly enough I tried it one more time this morning and it worked. Have no idea why.... possibly because I took clover off the USB and redid the patch. But now it doesn’t see my SSD. The MoBo sees it but the Mac installer doesn’t show it. Gonna try and reformat the drive when I get home and hope for the best.

I was facing the same problem with Dell Inspiron 7580 (i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz, Socket 1356 FCBGA):
after BIOS update 1.7.0 --> 1.8.0 I could not boot anymore and got stuck at:
"apfs_module_start: 1279 load: com.apple.filesystem.apfs, v748.51.0, 740.77.0, 2018/06/21".

The ACPI patch decribed at the begin of this post solved my problem.

Many many thanks I was just about to give up, you saved the laptop of my dauther!!!

thank you very much. Z390-F now starting

I've put the patch into a file that you can merge into you config.plist using plistbuddy. After unzipping the file the command in Terminal would look something like this:

Bash:
/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Merge ACPI_Patch :ACPI:DSDT:" /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist

Could you help. I’m getting errors. Is there another step that I’m missing? The file is on my desktop and I’ve directed terminal to find it there. I think. I downloaded the .zip file but it doesn’t show as a zip on my desktop so I can’t unzip it. Perhaps that’s the problem?

Attachments

• 59A56E9B-602B-4FC9-A378-8436E71D7A69.jpeg
    59A56E9B-602B-4FC9-A378-8436E71D7A69.jpeg
    6 MB · Views: 67
Could you help. I’m getting errors. Is there another step that I’m missing? The file is on my desktop and I’ve directed terminal to find it there. I think. I downloaded the .zip file but it doesn’t show as a zip on my desktop so I can’t unzip it. Perhaps that’s the problem?
you will need to mount your EFI first

you will need to mount your EFI first

Thanks for the reply. In the clover it says my EFI is “mounted” at least the one on my SDD is. Is that the right one?

Thanks for the reply. In the clover it says my EFI is “mounted” at least the one on my SDD is. Is that the right one?
maybe it would be easier for you to copy and paste it from the file to your config.plist using xcode or plisteditpro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back