Contribute
Register

FIX for boot hangs after BIOS update (ACPI PATCH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an ACPI Patch for the people who update to the last bios and can't boot.
My board is the MSI B360A-Pro and has the latest bios 7B22v27.

First add the patch (the blue line from the picture) to clover config, then apply the Bios update.
To easily add the patch using terminal, read post

View attachment 398459
Worked for me on my Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 motherboard with BIOS version F13. Thanks a lot.

thanks worked perfect with Gigabyte z370n wifi!
I am using the same MB and have not changed the BIOS from F5. I have questions
1. Should I update my BIOS to F12?
@mattystonnie 2. If I put the patch with my F5 BIOS will it affect the system in anyway before I update the bios to F12?
3. I am planning to buy RX570 what type of setting is required in Mojave 10.14.5? will this help speed wise in photo and video editing compared to my native i7 HD630. As of now I don't have any graphics card.

Last edited:
I am using the same MB and have not changed the BIOS from F5. I have questions
1. Should I update my BIOS to F12?
@mattystonnie 2. If I put the patch with my F5 BIOS will it affect the system in anyway before I update the bios to F12?
3. I am planning to buy RX570 what type of setting is required in Mojave 10.14.5? will this help speed wise in photo and video editing compared to my native i7 HD630. As of now I don't have any graphics card.

1. Add the patch then you can update the Bios.
  2. The settings are : change SMBios to iMac 19.1 and WhateverGreen kext into Clover/Kexts/Others.
  3. Big difference in performance.

1. Add the patch then you can update the Bios.
  2. The settings are : change SMBios to iMac 19.1 and WhateverGreen kext into Clover/Kexts/Others.
  3. Big difference in performance.
Thanks, will try and report. any changes if I install a rx570 or rx580 graphics card? (I know probably not the right place to ask the question but saw in your profile that you are using a rx580)

Thanks, will try and report. any changes if I install a rx570 or rx580 graphics card? (I know probably not the right place to ask the question but saw in your profile that you are using a rx580)

Point 3, big performance.

I just purchased an ASUS Maximus XI Hero motherboard, updated to the most recent BIOS (version 1105) and fought several issues including the inability to boot Mojave past the apfs_module_start:1393 instruction.

I found this post and figured I would try the patch, and it WORKED! I can now boot into Mojave and can continue to hopefully gain full functionality.

I wonder if the board brand isn't as significant as the fact that ASUS uses an American Megatrends V 2.20.1271 BIOS which may be similar to what's used by other board brands?

THANK YOU!!!!

Last edited:
Thank you for the useful infomation.
I confirm #1 page Patch is available for ASUS PRIME H370-A(BIOS1402).
But now I solve the issue
solution.

Last edited:
Mattystonnie,

Thank you VERY much indeed for this. I was tearing my remaining hair out after stupidly updating to BIOS 1105 and being unable to boot or install a new version of IOS. All back to normal now thanks to you!!

Patch 1 worked for my board.

ASUS Prime Z390-A BIOS 1105

find: A00A9353 54415301 replace: A00A910A FF0BFFF

Thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back