Contribute
Register

FIX for boot hangs after BIOS update (ACPI PATCH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is probably gonna blow up soon, I'm hearing that bios updates for just about all board vendors are going to trigger this. This patch should probably make it baseline into clover at this point. It should be detected and auto patched because the change that causes this on just about every board is going to become standard on existing and new boards.

This thread is probably gonna blow up soon, I'm hearing that bios updates for just about all board vendors are going to trigger this. This patch should probably make it baseline into clover at this point. It should be detected and auto patched because the change that causes this on just about every board is going to become standard on existing and new boards.

:thumbup:

I'm reliant on Thunderbolt 2 working. Should I stay on F11 #5 or can I safely move to Gigabyte's F13 for my mobo via Q-Flash and apply this fix in Clover Configurator after? I'd be pulling my Alpine Ridge card before flashing the BIOS.

Go for it. I am not sure about the Thunderbolt, dont have experience.
The patch is safe.

I'm reliant on Thunderbolt 2 working. Should I stay on F11 #5 or can I safely move to Gigabyte's F13 for my mobo via Q-Flash and apply this fix in Clover Configurator after? I'd be pulling my Alpine Ridge card before flashing the BIOS.
Apply it BEFORE, or you won't be able to boot. With patch already in place, i update bios and things were just smooth (well once I redid bios settings correctly)

Worked great on my Gigabyte Z370-HD3, allowing me to flash from F10 to F12 with no problems. Using Mojave 10.14.5 as well. Thank you !

@mattystonnie I have upgraded Bios for my ASROCK DESKMINI 310 (Intel H310 chipset). Will it work therefore, too? Or are you able to find out a patch for that device too?
Installing an older Bios is not possible any longer.

@mattystonnie I have upgraded Bios for my ASROCK DESKMINI 310 (Intel H310 chipset). Will it work therefore, too? Or are you able to find out a patch for that device too?
Installing an older Bios is not possible any longer.

Yes, will work.
Report back.

@mattystonnie congratz!! AWESOME!! It took me so long to find a solution. .. really awesome.. it seems to work.
The boot process doesnt stop so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back