Contribute
Register

FIX for boot hangs after BIOS update (ACPI PATCH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@mattystonnie:

I have been using your ACPI patch on my High Sierra and (now) Catalina computers for quite a while. It has worked perfectly. But there has been very little clarity (for me) of exactly what it is doing. I have read of "Apple AHCI Port" on other websites that seems to address this, but I still simply do not understand what is going on with the newer BIOS versions that your patch affects. What does it do? Can it be explained in English? Will this patch always be required as BIOS versions are updated in the future?

Hi Mattystonnie

I confirm that your patch works with Gigabyte Z370 Aorus UG 2-OP with BIOS F15a.
The SSDT way works too.
I am now under OpenCore 0.5.9 and the easiest way is the SSDT way but we can also patch /EFI/OC/config.plist in ACPI>Patch>item 0 View attachment 473563
Thanks a lot @mattystonnie
I am not sure if it’s just mine but I don’t need this patch anymore after switching to OpenCore. Maybe it is for Clover only.

Hey guys, very new to all this and seeking some advice... My pc came with Clover bootloader on it and i updated my bios to latest version and its seem to have messed with it. ive changed all the recommended bios settings back mentioned by OP throughout this thread. I have attached my EFI folder please can someone take a look and tell me whats wrong, im desperate. Will paypal someone some money if they can help me get it working :D

I cant boot into Macos at all only windows so all these mac apps wont work.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    32.9 MB · Views: 84
Hey guys, strange thing happening after BIOS upgrade to my Z370 Aourus UG motherboard: I can boot Catalina with Clover bootloader but if I switch to OpenCore the boot hangs at apfs_module_start:1393. I wish to confirm OC (perfectly working before BIOS upgrade) to install Big Sur, so I need a solution. Any help to patch this issue?
Many thanks in advance
Bye

Hey guys, strange thing happening after BIOS upgrade to my Z370 Aourus UG motherboard: I can boot Catalina with Clover bootloader but if I switch to OpenCore the boot hangs at apfs_module_start:1393. I wish to confirm OC (perfectly working before BIOS upgrade) to install Big Sur, so I need a solution. Any help to patch this issue?
Many thanks in advance
Bye
I wonder your config.plist and the overall structure of OC folders.

I am not sure if it’s just mine but I don’t need this patch anymore after switching to OpenCore. Maybe it is for Clover only.

I never needed this patch on any of my builds.

I wonder your config.plist and the overall structure of OC folders.
I bypassed booting issue updating ACPI patches. I actually boot with AWAC, EC-USBX and PLUG. But as I log in desktop page the system freezes and cannot do anything except forcing shutdown with power button.
What is strange to me is that all happened due to upgrade MB BIOS F12 to F15 two days ago...
Attach the info

Attachments

• config.plist
    17.8 KB · Views: 80
  • Shot1.jpg
    Shot1.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 75
  • Shot2.jpg
    Shot2.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 77
I bypassed booting issue updating ACPI patches. I actually boot with AWAC, EC-USBX and PLUG. But as I log in desktop page the system freezes and cannot do anything except forcing shutdown with power button.
What is strange to me is that all happened due to upgrade MB BIOS F12 to F15 two days ago...
Attach the info
You put too many unnecessary files into folders, and your config.plist disables SSDT-PLUG-DRTNIA.aml which is needed for your build.

You put too many unnecessary files into folders, and your config.plist disables SSDT-PLUG-DRTNIA.aml which is needed for your build.
Thank You, I cleaned the unuseful files and things go better now.
Only a trouble remains, I dealt with also some time ago when I was unable to use the Logitech mouse connected through a receiver to the Mac. Keyboard worked but the mouse didn't. I solved everything with the Logitech Control Center app. Now, if I boot with Clover everything is ok. On the contrary, booting with OC 0.6.3 and VoodooPS2Controller.kext rel. 2.1.8 the keyboard works but the mouse doesn't (pointer moves on the screen but does nothing, so I have to connect a cable optical mouse). LCC doesn't see any device to configure. Is there any specific quirk to setup? What do I miss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back