Contribute
Register

FIX for boot hangs after BIOS update (ACPI PATCH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read post #336.

I can not do that because I am using a Mac. When you attempt to install clover it clearly says that it's not compatible. Is there some alternative way of installing clover on a Mac that I am not aware of?

I can not do that because I am using a Mac. When you attempt to install clover it clearly says that it's not compatible. Is there some alternative way of installing clover on a Mac that I am not aware of?
But you do not want this patch on your Mac, right? If you upload your config.plist here (for the Hackintosh for which you want the patch added), I'll download it, write it in for you and upload your modded config.plist. Easy to do.

I noticed a few other things. Your SMBIOS page in your config.plist is not filled out, and the "Trust" box is blank. Also, you don't need the "nv_disable=1" boot argument unless you are using an nVidia graphics card and want to disable its acceleration. And "Plugin Type" on the ACPI page should be checked. I'll go ahead and upload these changes in case you want to use them. You can look them over and see what you want.

Attachments

• modded config.plist
    7.1 KB · Views: 90
I noticed a few other things. Your SMBIOS page in your config.plist is not filled out, and the "Trust" box is blank. Also, you don't need the "nv_disable=1" boot argument unless you are using an nVidia graphics card and want to disable its acceleration. And "Plugin Type" on the ACPI page should be checked. I'll go ahead and upload these changes in case you want to use them. You can look them over and see what you want.

Thank you very much for your help! The modified plist worked and I was immediately able to get further along in the process. I ended up with a black screen and though it's been a few years since I have had a Hackintosh I remembered that this usually indicated a graphics problem. So, I searched for others with the same card an RX 5500x and found someone that used the argument adgpmod=pikera with this I was finally able to boot into OS X and then ran mulitbeast. After that I was not able to boot into OS X no matter what I tried including the adgpmod=pikera. So, I removed the 5500xt and with the UHD 630 it is working flawlessly.

When I have more time later this week I am going to get hacking at it and see if I can get the 5500xt working. If you or anyone else reading this have any ideas fell free to give me your two cents.

It might help to install "Lilu.kext" and "WhateverGreen.kext" in your "EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other" folder. I have attached those plus a few others from my computer in the zipped file below. However beware that you should NOT have "VirtualSMC.kext" AND "FakeSMC.kext" in the same folder no matter what. If your system works fine with just fixing the graphics problem with "Lilu.kext" and "WhateverGreen.kext," I would just use those, plus maybe "AppleALC.kext." You should always use the latest available kexts when possible.

You should also make sure that the versions of kexts in both "EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other" and "/Library/Extensions" are identical, where you might have duplicate kexts.

It has also been recently recommended by those who "know" that third-party kexts in "/Library/Extensions" should be deleted in favor of having them in the "EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other" folder, with "Yes" chosen in the "Inject Kexts" box on the "System Parameters" page of your config.list. That has worked for my computer at left, but I had a problem on High Sierra (my "Mini ITX 1" computer below) when I tried it. You would have to experiment.

Attachments

• Kexts.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 71
It might help to install "Lilu.kext" and "WhateverGreen.kext" in your "EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other" folder. I have attached those plus a few others from my computer in the zipped file below. However beware that you should NOT have "VirtualSMC.kext" AND "FakeSMC.kext" in the same folder no matter what. If your system works fine with just fixing the graphics problem with "Lilu.kext" and "WhateverGreen.kext," I would just use those, plus maybe "AppleALC.kext." You should always use the latest available kexts when possible.

You should also make sure that the versions of kexts in both "EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other" and "/Library/Extensions" are identical, where you might have duplicate kexts.

It has also been recently recommended by those who "know" that third-party kexts in "/Library/Extensions" should be deleted in favor of having them in the "EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other" folder, with "Yes" chosen in the "Inject Kexts" box on the "System Parameters" page of your config.list. That has worked for my computer at left, but I had a problem on High Sierra (my "Mini ITX 1" computer below) when I tried it. You would have to experiment.

Thank you for all the help, I haven't had any time to work at this week but it's now the weekend and I have nothing to do. :) I am going to get on this tomorrow ah later today when I get up and will let you know how it all goes for me. Thank you agin for all the advice and help!!!!

We got it!!!! I can't thank you enough for your help and as usual the biggest problem was myself. I read your post carefully and followed your advice. I have have a bootable OS X machine and I just updated to 10.15.6 without issue. Now, I just need to get things optimized. My GPU is an RX 5500xt which is working, but the scores in Geekbench are about 30% less than they should be. The CPU side seems to be working fine though and my Geekbench score for the CPU is basically identical to when I run it booted into Windows. Thanks to everyone who contributes to this project!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back