Contribute
Register

FIX for boot hangs after BIOS update (ACPI PATCH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Jamesbond007 - Do you have a guide or a copy of your clover settings and kexts that I could try please as I have never been able to get USB3 to work on my Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming 2.0 F12. I havent updated to F14 yet. Prefer to stay on 10.14 unless you recommend a different OS version. Many thanks
There are guides for using USBInjectAll.kext and building your own USBPorts.kext.

Hi,
Having the same issue (apfs_module_start:1393). Have tried the patch. same issue. Cannot get to Mojave 10.6.06 installer. Can anyone please help. I have attached my efi.

Motherboard: GIGABYTE X299X DESIGNARE 10G LGA 2066
Bios: F3c
CPU: Intel Core i9-9940X Skylake X 14-Core 3.3 GHz
Video: Gigabyte AMD Radeon Vega 64 Liquid Cooled
Drive: WD Blue 3D and ssd 500gb
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3600 PC4-28800
Power Supply: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 1200W

Attachments

• efi 3_17.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 81
I'm still stuck at afps_module_start: 1393: load: com.apple.filesystem.apfs. v945.275.7. apfs-945.275.7. 2019/08/20

gigabyte h310 sh2 with F12 bios, having error apfs_module_start 1279 com.apple.filesystem.apfs v748.51.0. tried acpi patch suggested at the beginning of this post and worked like a charm. good job

@mattystonnie Could you please straighten my EFI? I'm trying to get into Catalina install for days. Had it once installed but I found out that custom kexts were installed in the L\E\ folder. Wanted to do it right with a fresh install but I can't get into the install any more. So please put me on the right rack with config.plist and correct EFI folder contents. Many thanks!

EDIT: I've come across an old EFI folder that made me boot into the install of Catalina, no action needed. Will post working (for me) EFI folder shortly!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:
here's my catalina install efi right from my usb. i've used it on gigabyte h310m s2h with ssd on nvme, with a i3 9100F processor. hope it helps, good luck!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 77
Still on as Gigabyte (Z170x-UD5) you have to select Windows 10, then the option of CSM support appear below, still if I got to selected the 'Windows 10' option back to 'Other OS', then the CSM option disappear!!

In other words, it doesn't work on that Gigabyte Mobo.
Which simply mean I'm still stuck with error 1393!
(gee...for over a week now!)

Any idea to solve this ?
thanks guys.

Still on as Gigabyte (Z170x-UD5) you have to select Windows 10, then the option of CSM support appear below, still if I got to selected the 'Windows 10' option back to 'Other OS', then the CSM option disappear!!

In other words, it doesn't work on that Gigabyte Mobo.
Which simply mean I'm still stuck with error 1393!
(gee...for over a week now!)

Any idea to solve this ?
thanks guys.
Be more specific, I’m getting the idea you can’t setup your bios as advised in the install guide? What bios version? Can you update the bios? I suggest you get, buy or borrow an extra hard drive, disconnect the working windows 10 and start from scratch with every step as described in one of the guides. Start with High Sierra or Mojave.

Be more specific, I’m getting the idea you can’t setup your bios as advised in the install guide? What bios version? Can you update the bios? I suggest you get, buy or borrow an extra hard drive, disconnect the working windows 10 and start from scratch with every step as described in one of the guides. Start with High Sierra or Mojave.
I solved it, using ACPI patch and using exclusively USB 2.0 for my USB boot key.
Still thanks for that reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back