Contribute
Register

FIX for boot hangs after BIOS update (ACPI PATCH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to be too dull, but ... my ASUS ROG Hero XI BIOS updates via a USB stick, and a button press on the mobo when the computer is powered OFF. (It is not updated over the internet, with the computer powered on.) Is there some reason for me to use this patch? It would only come into play after the BIOS is updated. If so, do I leave the patch active?
For newer BIOS versions, macOS (and its installer) cannot boot without that patch.

Oh... do you know if an older bios will boot WITH it?
It is recommended to add the patch only if you want to update to a version since early 2019. You could try it with your UniBeast stick first to see if macOS could boot via its Clover. I cannot provide the exact answer because there are too many different motherboards.

Working for my msi z390 gaming pro carbon, hooray! thx bro.

With my recently setup Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming 2.0 with the i7 8700, BIOS F11 does not require this patch to run MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6. After upgrading to BIOS F14 this patch is required to boot High Sierra.

Thanks for this very useful patch.

@mattystonnie Thanks! I can confirm that patch 1 worked as well on ASUS z390 f gaming mobo. Unfortunately, I had already done the bios update, which I could not downgrade. Having a backup on an external ssd helped modify this efi folder first, boot from that and then change also the internal nvme drive's efi.

@mattystonnie Thanks! I can confirm that patch 1 worked as well on ASUS z390 f gaming mobo. Unfortunately, I had already done the bios update, which I could not downgrade. Having a backup on an external ssd helped modify this efi folder first, boot from that and then change also the internal nvme drive's efi.
Not sure about ASUS’ but I once downgraded my Gigabyte’s when I didn’t know this patch.

With my recently setup Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming 2.0 with the i7 8700, BIOS F11 does not require this patch to run MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6. After upgrading to BIOS F14 this patch is required to boot High Sierra.

Thanks for this very useful patch.

Hi @Jamesbond007 - Do you have a guide or a copy of your clover settings and kexts that I could try please as I have never been able to get USB3 to work on my Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming 2.0 F12. I havent updated to F14 yet. Prefer to stay on 10.14 unless you recommend a different OS version. Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back