Contribute
Register

FIX for boot hangs after BIOS update (ACPI PATCH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes :
When you create your boot drive, you can edit your efi boot partition, and place this ACPI Patch using clover.

This is an ACPI Patch for the people who update to the last bios and can't boot.
My board is the MSI B360A-Pro and has the latest bios 7B22v27.

First add the patch (the blue line from the picture) to clover config, then apply the Bios update.
To easily add the patch using terminal, read post

View attachment 398459
Hi, i'm sorry about my dumb question but how did you go there form clover boot menu ?

Hi, i'm sorry about my dumb question but how did you go there form clover boot menu ?

Get clover manager app, mount the efi partition and open clover config file.

Hi,

I had a boot stuck with apfs_module_start:1393, so I tried to apply your patch. It went through, but a got a kernel panic. Not sure if you've seen this one before.

Attachments

• IMG_1928.JPG
    IMG_1928.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 64
  • EFI.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 73
Hi,

I had a boot stuck with apfs_module_start:1393, so I tried to apply your patch. It went through, but a got a kernel panic. Not sure if you've seen this one before.

Replace and try again.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 148
No. You can try an adapter Display Port to HDMI and use it into the Display Port of your motherboard, look at the picture.

Ok, let try another EFI folder. Enable USB Legacy in Bios.

Hi! mattystonnie
I posted this to say Thank you.
I had purchased Intel Nuc8i7beh at beginning of August, but could not
bios downgrade.
Even worse I had upgraded bios to latest 073 by mistake(at that time).
I had tryed to boot Mojave.SSD.
(Installed by old Haswell machine.) Sometimes Mojave booted,
but immediately reboot automatically showing "connect bootable device".
At that time, I fortunately find your thread.
I thought your EFI will help me.
Your EFI folder of June 29 make boot my Mojave ssd, and also
install Catalina on to the M.2SSD.

Thank you, again!!

This is an ACPI Patch for the people who update to the last bios and can't boot.
My board is the MSI B360A-Pro and has the latest bios 7B22v27.

First add the patch (the blue line from the picture) to clover config, then apply the Bios update.
To easily add the patch using terminal, read post
I'm sorry for my blindness, but where is the ACPI patch?? I have downloaded an ACPI patch from #48 in my ./downloads directory. what should i do next?

I'm sorry for my blindness, but where is the ACPI patch?? I have downloaded an ACPI patch from #48 in my ./downloads directory. what should i do next?

Clover configurator — mount your EFI — edit clover.config file like in the pictures from first post.

Clover configurator — mount your EFI — edit clover.config file like in the pictures from first post.
thanks for the quick response, I'm sure I have mounted EFI... but its still empty...
Screen Shot 2019-10-27 at 9.22.40 pm.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-27 at 9.22.47 pm.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-27 at 9.24.38 pm.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back