Contribute
Register

[FIX] Coffee Lake Intel UHD Graphics 630 on macOS Mojave: Kernel panic due to divide-by-zero

So the ALT patch no longer works for me with 10.14.2, and AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer has been updated. This patch worked for 10.14.0 and 10.14.1. I've tested the normal max link rate patch, but neither of them work for me (reboot after IGPU init as usual). A workaround for now is to overwrite AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext with the 10.14.1 version.

Could you create a new ALT patch for the new kext?

What tools do you use to disassemble kexts? I've found a few things online, but hoping there's a "standard" tool that most are using.

Thanks!
The ALT patch still works under 10.14.2. You can still find the same sequence of bytes in the latest driver.

After you have upgraded to 10.14.2, you need to manually rebuild the kernel cache (type “sudo kextcache -i /“ in your terminal), otherwise Clover’s KextsToPatch does not seem to work.

The ALT patch still works under 10.14.2. You can still find the same sequence of bytes in the latest driver.

After you have upgraded to 10.14.2, you need to manually rebuild the kernel cache (type “sudo kextcache -i /“ in your terminal), otherwise Clover’s KextsToPatch does not seem to work.

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting to do that. Everything works with the new kext on 10.14.2 after that. Well, I try not to have coffee on the weekends...

Thanks!

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting to do that. Everything works with the new kext on 10.14.2 after that. Well, I try not to have coffee on the weekends...

Thanks!
Can anyone help with intel hd 620 (4k)?

I've been attempting to get HDMI out to work, and tested with the ALT patch that has worked 100% for the internal display so far, but get a kernel panic when plugging in an HDMI cable. See kp-attaching-hdmi.txt for that crash. When I try to boot with the regular 4k patch, I see another kp (kp-regular-patch-4k.txt). I was hoping to isolate the problem by booting with an invalid platofrm id (0x12345678), but it looks like HDMI out is not available at all in that case, and hence no kp. Any ideas @Austere.J?

Do you mind sharing what tools you use for disassembling/debugging kexts?

Edit: forgot to attach files

Attachments

• kp-attaching-hdmi.txt
    3.5 KB · Views: 165
  • kp-regular-patch-4k.txt
    4.3 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
I have HD630 (not UHD630),Can I use this patch?The patch works for all gpu?

Thanks to FireWolf (Austere. J), it's normal to use your code to use my xps15 9570 89504k. Recently, I saw the Apple Intel CFL Graphics Framebuffer about kernel panic solutions and new solutions, and replaced the ones I used before.

Find: 8B96C025 00008A8E 95230000 0FB686
Repl: B8040000 008986BC 25000031 C05DC3

Modification for your latest revision
Info: Set the maximum link rate in DPCD buffer to 0x14 (HBR2) for laptops with 4K display (by FireWolf)
Name: Apple Intel CFL Graphics Framebuffer
Find: E8 00 00 00 00 48 83 C3 04 48 83 FB 08 72 D0
Repl: 41 83 BC 24 DC 01 00 75 04 C6 45 C1 14

And add
Info: ALT: Set the maximum link rate in DPCD buffer to 0x14 (HBR2) for laptops with 4K display (by FireWolf)
Name: Apple Intel CFL Graphics Framebuffer
Find: 4883C304 4883FB0872D0
Repl: 807DC100 7504C645 C114

In the absence of repair privileges, direct use of the screen appears to be abnormal brightness, through (in the terminal input "sudo kextcache-i /") now everything is normal, thank God has been taking care of, using the system version of 10.14.2, but there is a point that did not understand the difference between the two groups of data, because I did not have the phenomenon of kernel panic.

Wish you good luck!

Now that my XPS 15 9570 has been successfully installed with your help and is working properly, several problems remain unresolved.

Question 1: SD card reader can not work properly without normal recognition

Question 2: HDMI can't be connected to external monitors. Every time it tries, there will be a direct black screen or a direct reboot.

Question 3: No lightning equipment in hand can not know whether it works properly, the driver has been inquired about and failed to drive, and there is no lightning equipment in the device description.

Question 4: I also know that 1050ti should be insoluble under 14.2 system, so I don't care about it.

At the same time, I also want to know how to test the kernel panic you mentioned, whether there are apps or other command execution to determine whether the machine has any problems you mentioned, look forward to God's reply, and wish everything is OK.

Now that my XPS 15 9570 has been successfully installed with your help and is working properly, several problems remain unresolved.

Question 1: SD card reader can not work properly without normal recognition

Question 2: HDMI can't be connected to external monitors. Every time it tries, there will be a direct black screen or a direct reboot.

Question 3: No lightning equipment in hand can not know whether it works properly, the driver has been inquired about and failed to drive, and there is no lightning equipment in the device description.

Question 4: I also know that 1050ti should be insoluble under 14.2 system, so I don't care about it.

At the same time, I also want to know how to test the kernel panic you mentioned, whether there are apps or other command execution to determine whether the machine has any problems you mentioned, look forward to God's reply, and wish everything is OK.

Off-topic.

Thank you for reminding me. I'm really sorry. I'll pay attention to it.

Finally got rid of the divide by zero panic on my XPS 9570 1080p by using this custom patch
Code:
Info: ALT: Set the maximum link rate in DPCD buffer to 0x0A (HBR) for laptops with 1080p or below display (by FireWolf)
Name: AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer
Find: 4883C304 4883FB08 72D0
Repl: 807DC100 7504C645 C10A
@Austere.J please add this patch to the original post too (right now only the alternative 4k patch is listed)

Back