Contribute
Register

[FIX] Coffee Lake Intel UHD Graphics 630 on macOS Mojave: HDMI 1.4/2.0 Output Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Austere.J / FireWolf

I have two similar setups running macOS 10.14.4 / Macmini8,1 SMBIOS (similar clover-config / hardware-setup / cableing / bios settings + version) and am facing probably similar HDMI 2.0 issues:

The systems run two LG 4k@60Hz monitors attached to each of those machines' internal UHD 630 GPU (one via DP the other via HDMI 2.0 through a MegaChips MCDP2800 DisplayPort1.2a-to-HDMI 2.0 Converter soldered onto the board).

One of them runs pretty good with both displays set to 3840x2160@60Hz / ARGB2101010.

The other machine however faces massive flickering and green glitching using the HDMI2.0 port which other users of this board seem to experience as well (swapped cables and monitors in between the two machines without any difference).

I also compared the EDID of the connected monitors between the two setups and ran AGDCDiagnose but the only thing I could find that differs is the output of AGDCDiagnose's "Display Metric Tool" which shows a lot more entries on the working machine compared to the other. I did attach the two corresponding outputs.

I’m using a minimal config along with WEG 1.2.8 following all requirements of https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.IntelHD.en.md.

AppleALC.kext (1.3.7)
IntelMausiEthernet.kext (2.4.1d1)
Lilu.kext (1.3.5)
USBInjectAll.kext (0.7.1)
VirtualSMC.kext (1.0.3)
WhateverGreen.kext (1.2.8)

As I mentioned in another thread in this forum already regarding fb-patching for this specific board:

Having mentioned that shouldn't it work just the way it is for HDMI2.0 in this case (without any overrides through framebuffer-conX-alldata or framebuffer-conX-type) ?

If there is a chance to provide me with a 1.2.8_CFL_HDMI_v2 for FB1 (instead of 2) I'd be happy to check if it also fixes this issue..

Thanks
Max

Try the latest WEG 1.3.0. It now supports specifying the connector index for the converter. Please carefully read the LSPCON section in the manual .

The PR has been merged into the main repo. WEG 1.3.0 now contains this fix. Please take a look at it and carefully read the manual. All boot arguments, i.e. -igfxcflhdmi and -igfxcflhdmi2, used in the public testing stage have been removed.

The PR has been merged into the main repo. WEG 1.3.0 now contains this fix. Please take a look at it and carefully read the manual. All boot arguments, i.e. -igfxcflhdmi and -igfxcflhdmi2, used in the public testing stage have been removed.
Can you upload your config.plist, i tried but cant get hdmi audio works. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back