Contribute
Register

[Fix] ACPI Brightness Keys using Smart Touchpad Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to analyze key logs in the kernel log to determine what PS2 codes these keys are generating.
Install the debug version of VoodooPS2 and look in system.log from Console.app as you press the keys.
Should remove current driver (ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext) first before install VoodooPS2 Debug Version?

What do you mean by "FN keys (only)"?
by just pressing fn button keys make brightness up (icon popup)

244347-42350d08aa44c2b91dd470725eaa5915.jpg

Again, are these your standard volume controls? (in Windows?).
yes i guess

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 5.18.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 5.18.36 AM.png
    364.8 KB · Views: 103
Install the debug version of VoodooPS2 and look in system.log from Console.app as you press the keys.
Should remove current driver (ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext) first before install VoodooPS2 Debug Version?

No idea how you debug ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext. It is not open source and violates the APSL, so I'm not familiar with it.
You should contact the author if you have questions.
If you plan to use my VoodooPS2Controller, of course you have to remove it.

by just pressing fn button keys make brightness up (icon popup)

You will need to debug your code to determine why.

Problem Report:
I am using ApplePS2SmartTouchpad.kext and finished all of the steps. After reboot, Fn brightness combo key is working but only in login screen. After entering the desktop, Fn brightness combo key not working. Is there addition patch or something to do?

Problem Report:
I am using ApplePS2SmartTouchpad.kext and finished all of the steps. After reboot, Fn brightness combo key is working but only in login screen. After entering the desktop, Fn brightness combo key not working. Is there addition patch or something to do?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back