Register

[Fix] 10.12/10.13 Nvidia 2/3/4/5/6/7/9/10xx Series Black Screen

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170
CPU
i5 6500
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 960
I have an NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 which I believe is not supported by the nvidia drivers I'm just running off of the ones that come with sierra and it seems to be running without issues so far
Awesome, that's what I thought :D

Motherboard
ROG Maximus XII Hero Wi-Fi
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+
Mac
  1. MacBook
Motherboard
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook
Let us know how it goes!

Just keep in mind (You probably already know this) that you will need to redo these steps every update when the problem returns.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170
CPU
i5 6500
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 960
Just keep in mind (You probably already know this) that you will need to redo these steps every update when the problem returns.

I knew that would be an issue, so I converted to OLDSPORT's method as detailed in post #8. I prefer it as it's much more simple and should survive updates.

Motherboard
H61M-DS2 rev2.1 (F10a) (CLOVER)
CPU
Intel Core i3-2100
Graphics
ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GT 640
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I'm glad to have helped you guys! The only thing I'm concerned about is the mismatch of the board-id and the system definition causing problems with iMessage in the future :thumbdown for now everything seems to work perfectly but we'll see...

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170
CPU
i5 6500
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 960
I'm glad to have helped you guys! The only thing I'm concerned about is the mismatch of the board-id and the system definition causing problems with iMessage in the future :thumbdown for now everything seems to work perfectly but we'll see...
Well, on this very forum they recommend using our serial numbers from our Mac Pro SMBIOS's when migrating to iMac ones... I figured that would be worse for iMessage than an incorrect board-id. But yeah, hopefully iMessage is only affected by MLB and ROM values :(

Motherboard
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook
No issue anymore guys with iMessage. Apple doesn't enforce that **** these days.. Slim Jim was saying he changes UUID's on the fly without even rebooting :D

I didn't leech any of my real macs serials for my Skylake build and it worked like a charm.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170
CPU
i5 6500
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 960
No issue anymore guys with iMessage. Apple doesn't enforce that **** these days.. Slim Jim was saying he changes UUID's on the fly without even rebooting :D

I didn't leech any of my real macs serials for my Skylake build and it worked like a charm.
Same, iMessage and FaceTime working fine over here :D