Contribute
Register

[Fix] 10.11.4 broken audio with AppleHDA injector (dummyHDA)

Mr. Rehabman can i use this HP probook.kext?my codec id is alc282 also..my laptop is acer Travelmate 255-m on my profile.

You would need to generate it with the patch_hda.sh script in the Probook repo.
Refer to Resources_ProBook for layout-id assignments.
Refer to config_ALC282.plist for KextsToPatch content.
Refer to the ACPI patching guide for how to inject layout-id and apply "IRQ Fix".

how can i rebuild cache in mac os sierra?in the new version of clover 3961 they remove the option without cache etc.

how can i rebuild cache in mac os sierra?in the new version of clover 3961 they remove the option without cache etc.

Use a version of Clover that still has the without cache option.

Hello, i installed El Capitan 10.11.4 on my Elitebook 2170p.

I followed the Clover UEFI hotpatch guide and add -xcpm as boot arg.

I followed the AppleHDA post 10.11.4 patching method, the AppleHDA kext looked to be edited yet (the new lines was in a different order and i reorder it).

Restarted and clear cache three times.

I can't got the audio working.

I posted the files you asked here.

Thank you a lot.

PS: Out of topic: I changed SMBIOS for a MacBook Air 5,2 Ivy Bridge that looks closer to the 2170p. Is that a problem?

Attachments

• 2rehab.zip
    15.7 MB · Views: 237
Last edited:

I followed the AppleHDA post 10.11.4 patching method, the AppleHDA kext looked to be edited yet (the new lines was in a different order and i reorder it).

Thank you a lot.

PS: Out of topic: I changed SMBIOS for a MacBook Air 5,2 Ivy Bridge that looks closer to the 2170p. Is that a problem?

Reply at guide thread. Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

10.11.4 will break audio for those using AppleHDA injectors with symlink to AppleHDA binary (as in so-called "dummyHDA kexts).

You need to fix the Info.plist in your AppleHDA injector kext.

In 10.11.4 new requirements for OSBundleLibraries:
com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily 1.2.0a1
com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily 1.1

If you look at the Info.plist for AppleHDA.kext in 10.11.4, you will see the new entries.
(compare with 10.11.3)

Copy your AppleHDA injector kext to a temporary place (such as the desktop), make the edits to the Info.plist (add the missing entries in OSBundleLibraries), re-install with a kext installer.

For those that need more explanation, see post #22: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...applehda-injector-dummyhda-3.html#post1223804

As viewed in Xcode, Info.plist with incorrect OSBundleLibraries:
View attachment 183088

And, Info.plist with correct OSBundleLibraries:
View attachment 183089

And don't forget about the cache rebuild requirements when using AppleHDA injectors. The procedures are detailed in the FAQ: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html (since you're already using an AppleHDA injector, it is something you're already familiar with).

Problem Reporting

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Thank you a lot.

Attachments

• G1 Rehab.zip
    5.7 KB · Views: 239

Thank you a lot.

Read Probook guide, post #1, "Problem Reporting".
Reply in guide thread, not here.

And I was wondering why I don't have audio in El Capitan the same way I do in Sierra. Then I found this wonderful guide. Thank you again!

Back