Contribute
Register

Fitting up-to-date hardware in a Mac Pro G5 case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all
i've just got an "old" Mac Pro G5 and i was wondering if i could fit brand new parts (i want to change every component) in its case, without cutting or soldering it.

Has anyone here tried yet?

p.s.: This will be my first hackintosh so i'd prefer to use a motherboard fully compatible, if possible.
Thanks in advance

I got my kit to convert my PowerMac G4 from these guys: https://www.thelaserhive.com/

I know they sell a G5 kit, not sure if they sell a MacPro Kit.

Then again I know there are new model MacPro Logic boards that will let you run much more powerful Xeon processors. I might consider that route as well.

We have a case mod forum subsection.

The Workshop > Case Mods > PowerMac G5

Click on the "Forum" menu item at the top of the page. It will show all the forum sections and subsections. The Workshop has several other subsections that will of interest to case mod'ers.

We have a case mod forum subsection.

The Workshop > Case Mods > PowerMac G5

Click on the "Forum" menu item at the top of the page. It will show all the forum sections and subsections. The Workshop has several other subsections that will of interest to case mod'ers.

Sorry, this is my first time opening a new thread!

Sorry, this is my first time opening a new thread!
My post was not a rebuke, but was to point out that there were these forum subsections for you to become knowledgeable on case mods. Enjoy the ride!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back