Contribute
Register

First try. Audio recording system (Mountain Lion / Logic Pro) Please could you check?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

this forum is a really great resource! I wouldn't have known where to start without it. So first off thanks to all of you for your past contributions. Now down to business...

I've built and worked on music pcs for years but have never attempted a Hackintosh build. My old PC finally bit the big one a few weeks back and I've been reading up building myself a system to run logic pro.

I think the parts below should work but I'd love a more experienced member of the forum to check it over for me and see if I've missed anything. I want parts that will work straight out of the box with minimal tweaks as I'm quite new to this. Im also on a budget of around £600 - £700 (UK).

NOTE: This build / pricing excludes the Audio interface and software which I will buy after I get the main workstation going. I plan to either use an external USB 3.0 interface or I'm reading to see if its worth paying out extra and adding firewire to my setup and getting an audio interface which connects via firewire. (opinions welcome on this).

Here is my list:

Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H Socket 1155 VGA DVI HDMI 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard

Intel Core i5 3570K 3.4GHz Socket 1155 6MB Cache Processor

Corsair 16GB DDR3 1600mhz Vengeance Memory(2x 8gb)

SanDisk 120GB Extreme SSD

Seagate 1TB Barracuda Internal Hard Drive

Corsair TXM 650W Modular PSU

Corsair Carbide 300R Case

TP-Link TL-WDN4800 Wireless-N450 Dual Band PCIe Adapter

Samsung SH-224BB SATA DVD Write Optical Drive | OEM

Current approx price: £670

Thanks in advance, I Hope you can help!

Adam

Your build looks good to me.

I know you're buying a separate audio interface, but I believe the built in audio with that motherboard isn't fully supported in OSX. (May require voodoo drivers). Look into using the GA-Z77-DS3H board recommended in the buyer's guide instead.

Otherwise, it all looks great.

Oops! that was a mistake well spotted. I thought I had used the one from the guide. I didnt see the difference in the name there and they are pretty much identical in features. Which is strange considering your suggestion actually dropped the price of the board by 20 pounds or so. :)

The things I mostly wasnt sure of are the Wifi Card and the Optical drive. I had a hard time finding the ones suggested in the wiki using the vendor I chose.

Thanks for the feedback :) it's already pointed out a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back