Contribute
Register

First Timer..Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after going through a lot of successful builds here and a lots of videos on Youtube am having an urge to build a Hackintosh..a really bad one. So I have selected few parts for the build and wondering if they are compatible and would it run macOs yeah with few errors :p.
Am confused at few places on confirming the parts your help here would be appreciated allot.

Following are the parts that I have selected :

i7 6700 / i5 6600 - (Confused)

Gigabyte GA-Z170X - UD3 - (A cheaper alternative would also do if any)

Corsair H60 Cooler - (Confirmed)

Corsair Vengeance 16gb -
(Confirmed to start with)

Samsung 850 EVO 250gb + 1tb Seagate -
(Confirmed)

Corsair 600w psu -
(Confirmed)

The graphics card -
(Have no idea)

Softwares/Apps
I would be using are FCP/Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and little bit of Autodesk Maya

Apparently FCP uses OpenCL which is supported by AMD cards and Adobe uses Nvidia's Cuda Cores.

My primary use of this build would be Photo & Video editing, Motion graphics and 3D (not always), So i really have no idea which Processor and GPU to pick up for the optimum performance. Budget for the card is around $200 - $400 (Your suggestion is definitely needed).

So am confused here as you can see with the processor and the GPU, I need them Hackinlords in here to help me.
Waiting for your reply :)

pretty straightforward in that its all based on budget.

based on what you use, go with the nvidia card.
get the best you can afford from the 10xx lineup.

the cpu, youd benefit from the i7, but prioritise the gfx card, eg. get a 1080 and the i5 over a 1060 and the i7.

if you can afford it get the i7 and a 1080. its all on your budget.

pretty straightforward in that its all based on budget.

based on what you use, go with the nvidia card.
get the best you can afford from the 10xx lineup.

the cpu, youd benefit from the i7, but prioritise the gfx card, eg. get a 1080 and the i5 over a 1060 and the i7.

if you can afford it get the i7 and a 1080. its all on your budget.
Okay...what about the motherboard is there any slight cheaper model which is compatible so that i can keep the reat on gpu???

Apparently FCP uses OpenCL which is supported by AMD cards and Adobe uses Nvidia's Cuda Cores.

Nvidia cards also support OpenCL. It's just that AMD performs a bit better when it comes to OpenCL.

look at which boards are available, find one thats cheaper and post it up.
also look at other brands of board eg, asus msi etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back