Graphics
GTX 560 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've finally decided that a Hackintosh would be something that I want to give a try, and need some help like everyone else. :? I've got most of my parts chosen from the custom builds section, so I'm not worried about that. My graphics card on the other hand is what I'm not sure about. I've read around the forums and can't get a clear picture if the MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC (http://goo.gl/kFvNu) will work without too much trouble.

I've read that some if not most have it working after working with the drivers, but since this is my first build I don't want to be hitting my head against the wall for days trying to get it to work.

Would I be better off going with the MSI R6870 Twin Frozr II Radeon HD 6870 (http://goo.gl/46jQC) for simplicity alone? (I found it on the graphics card database on the wiki)

The rest of the build if you're curious:
-NZXT Phantom 410
-GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
-Intel Core i7-2600
-CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W
-CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB

scooter1015 said:
I've finally decided that a Hackintosh would be something that I want to give a try, and need some help like everyone else. :? I've got most of my parts chosen from the custom builds section, so I'm not worried about that. My graphics card on the other hand is what I'm not sure about. I've read around the forums and can't get a clear picture if the MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC (http://goo.gl/kFvNu) will work without too much trouble.

I've read that some if not most have it working after working with the drivers, but since this is my first build I don't want to be hitting my head against the wall for days trying to get it to work.

Would I be better off going with the MSI R6870 Twin Frozr II Radeon HD 6870 (http://goo.gl/46jQC) for simplicity alone? (I found it on the graphics card database on the wiki)

The rest of the build if you're curious:
-NZXT Phantom 410
-GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
-Intel Core i7-2600
-CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W
-CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB

It should work just fine. Basically you just run the 5xx patch/opencl enabler, install cuda, and you're all set.

Fantastic! Although, would you think it would be a good idea to get a Custombeast made for the setup? Or would I be fine with the standard install?

scooter1015 said:
Fantastic! Although, would you think it would be a good idea to get a Custombeast made for the setup? Or would I be fine with the standard install?

If you can follow some directions I see no need for custombeast...Look at the 2nd build in my signature as it has very similar components so the install should be about the same.

wfj said:
Look at the 2nd build in my signature as it has very similar components so the install should be about the same.
That is truly one of the most beautiful things I've had the privilege to see. I have actually changed the MoBo in my setup to the GA-Z68XP-UD3 which shouldn't change much if anything. I will let you know how everything goes once parts come in! Thanks again for the help.

Alright, I finally got my hands on everything and have it built. I installed using Unibeast and then ran Multibeast using your build as a guide of sorts. I installed the Ethernet and restarted, but I get the "You need to restart your computer" with some kernel panic info. Any idea of what's going on?

Attachments

• P5110110.JPG
    P5110110.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 136
What are your full FINAL specs?

What MB options did you choose?

jester969 said:
What are your full FINAL specs?

What MB options did you choose?

Here are the final specs:

Gigabyte Z68XP UD3 Motherboard
MSI N560GTX Twin Frozr II GPU
Intel i7 2700K CPU
Corsair Vengeance RAM 8 GB (1600)
Corsair 750W PS (Got it on a deal, wasn't going to get such a beefy one before)
500GB WD HDD

I reinstalled and got everything up and running by changing the Ethernet Driver to the Realtek instead of Lnx2mac's. The issues that still elude me are:

Graphics performance seems sub par at this point. (I've read around and others seem to have similar issues with the 560GTX) I installed the Nvidia 5xx graphics enabler and CUDA, but I still get framerates in the 40's and stuttering at some points.

Is there a way to increase my RAM speed to 1600 MHz instead of 1333 MHz without a kernel panic? Thanks for the help, doing a CustoMac would be far more difficult without the forum to help!

You would have to read up more with those who have that card.

You can change RAM speed in BIOS.

jester969 said:
You can change RAM speed in BIOS.

I did that once and got a kernel panic at startup, is there anything else I should change elsewhere to avoid that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back