Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Okay so I got my legit unopened MAC OS Lion USB stick opened it placed the Lion stick into my HP Elitebook 8540w reboot machine look for boot options to boot off the legit Lion stick no option for the stick?

Am I messing steps I do I need a computer with Mac OS Lion already installed or can I do the installation from Windows?

If I can install Mac OS Lion what is needed to make a Bootable Lion USB from a Legit Lion stick to install Mac OS Lion or can I just install Mac OS Lion straight from the Lion stick?

What am I doing wrong?

Steps again I did...

Opened my OSX Lion stick placed it into my HP Elitebook 8540w it shows up on Windows 7 as a CD rom drive but I can't look inside it rebooted the laptop went to BIOS boot option their is no option for the USB or CD so not sure what im doing wrong.

I'm new to this I saw some people installed OSX just from on their HP Elitebook 8540w

Not a Desktop - Moved to Laptop Support.

Okay so I got my legit unopened MAC OS Lion USB stick opened it placed the Lion stick into my HP Elitebook 8540w reboot machine look for boot options to boot off the legit Lion stick no option for the stick?

Am I messing steps I do I need a computer with Mac OS Lion already installed or can I do the installation from Windows?

If I can install Mac OS Lion what is needed to make a Bootable Lion USB from a Legit Lion stick to install Mac OS Lion or can I just install Mac OS Lion straight from the Lion stick?

What am I doing wrong?

Steps again I did...

Opened my OSX Lion stick placed it into my HP Elitebook 8540w it shows up on Windows 7 as a CD rom drive but I can't look inside it rebooted the laptop went to BIOS boot option their is no option for the USB or CD so not sure what im doing wrong.

I'm new to this I saw some people installed OSX just from on their HP Elitebook 8540w

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/10/unibeast-install-mac-os-x-lion-using.html

I think I read that guide but what im lost on is if I have to have a Computer that already has OSX installed or if I can do all of this from Windows.

Right now my HP Elitebook 8540w is running Windows 7 I wanna Install OSX on that laptop and remove Windows 7 but I don't own a computer with OSX so im confused how I'd do this from Windows.

Unibeast has files for OSX so im not sure what im doing wrong but that guide appears to show doing it from a OSX computer.

I think I read that guide but what im lost on is if I have to have a Computer that already has OSX installed or if I can do all of this from Windows.

You need a working hack or Mac in order to create the USB installer.

You can install Snow Leopard (purchase DVD from Apple), then use it to create your Lion installer.

You may be able to boot the USB you have by constructing a Clover or Chameleon USB. Since I've never owned such a Lion USB, don't really know for sure.

I don't know anyone who owns a mac computer so how can I do to even install OSX without a mac computer is their away i can manually transfer the files from the lion stick to the Unibeast stick?

I was curious if that would work anyone tell me maybe where I need to place the files on the Unibeast stick and see if I can install it that way?

I don't have a Mac computer so I need away that can maybe be done using linux or windows.

I would be interested in trying to manually setup Lion with Unibeast if anyone can tell me which places to put the files at.

I don't know anyone who owns a mac computer so how can I do to even install OSX without a mac computer is their away i can manually transfer the files from the lion stick to the Unibeast stick?

I was curious if that would work anyone tell me maybe where I need to place the files on the Unibeast stick and see if I can install it that way?

I don't have a Mac computer so I need away that can maybe be done using linux or windows.

I would be interested in trying to manually setup Lion with Unibeast if anyone can tell me which places to put the files at.

You could create a Clover USB.

Okay I finally got OSX Lion installed now my issue is im not sure which Multibeast I need I install MultiBeast - Lion 4.0.3 my I installed everything that didn't show a skip however the audio had a skip but installed that anyways im not sure if that's what lead to the Kernel Panic or just can someone tell me which Multibeast I should download and what are the ones that say Skip on Multibeast mean?

Okay I finally got OSX Lion installed now my issue is im not sure which Multibeast I need I install MultiBeast - Lion 4.0.3 my I installed everything that didn't show a skip however the audio had a skip but installed that anyways im not sure if that's what lead to the Kernel Panic or just can someone tell me which Multibeast I should download and what are the ones that say Skip on Multibeast mean?

You should install only the software appropriate for your hardware and only those items that solve a specific problem.

You should read the FAQ: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

This is my lion trying to get off the USB not installing??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    876.9 KB · Views: 434
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back