Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello guys. I'm new to this and would really appreciate some advice before I dive in and spend all my hard earned money! Having spent a lot of time reading through the various forums I've come up with a tentative build:

Mobo: Gigabyte Z87-HD3 or Z87X-UD3H
CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K
GPU: GeForce GTX 760
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz (2x8GB)
PSU: Corsair TX650M 650W ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS
HDD: Seagate 1TB Serial-ATA, 6Gb/s, 32Mb, 7200RPMWireless card: TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 N900 Wireless Dual Band PCI Express Adapter
Case:Zalman Z9 Plus Midi Tower Case

Basically the build will be used for dual screen video editing and playback of HD and possibly higher resolution footage. On that note, will 16GB RAM be enough? And I wanted to dual boot, I'm assuming it would be possible with just the one harddrive? I won't be doing any gaming, so I wondered if the graphics card, at upwards of £200, is really necessary? I have seen other builds that don't include one. I have also included two options for the motherboard, the first being preferable as it's cheaper. Would the better board be necessary?

So many questions! Any feedback would be great, thanks!

Reubeny

Also - do you think it would be worth getting an SSD to run one of the operating systems off?

Cheers,

Reubeny

Also - do you think it would be worth getting an SSD to run one of the operating systems off?

Cheers,

Reubeny

Nowadays with the lower prices and higher quality of SSDs I wouldn't even consider a mechanical
HDD for a boot drive. The speed difference alone is worth the extra cost. 16 GB of Ram is a good
place to start. Buy it in 2 8gb sticks and see if it is adequate for what you do. If not add in 1 or 2 more.

Hello guys. I'm new to this and would really appreciate some advice before I dive in and spend all my hard earned money! Having spent a lot of time reading through the various forums I've come up with a tentative build:

Mobo: Gigabyte Z87-HD3 or Z87X-UD3H
CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K
GPU: GeForce GTX 760
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz (2x8GB)
PSU: Corsair TX650M 650W ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS
HDD: Seagate 1TB Serial-ATA, 6Gb/s, 32Mb, 7200RPMWireless card: TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 N900 Wireless Dual Band PCI Express Adapter
Case:Zalman Z9 Plus Midi Tower Case

Basically the build will be used for dual screen video editing and playback of HD and possibly higher resolution footage. On that note, will 16GB RAM be enough? And I wanted to dual boot, I'm assuming it would be possible with just the one harddrive? I won't be doing any gaming, so I wondered if the graphics card, at upwards of £200, is really necessary? I have seen other builds that don't include one. I have also included two options for the motherboard, the first being preferable as it's cheaper. Would the better board be necessary?

So many questions! Any feedback would be great, thanks!

Reubeny

To run dual monitors you're going to want some kind of graphics card instead of HD4600. It doesn't have
to be really expensive to work well for 2 monitors. The cheaper motherboard should also be adequate
for what your doing but if you can afford the UD3H I'd go for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back