Contribute
Register

First time Hackintosher (need help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I need to customize anything while installing Chameleon?

Do I need to customize anything while installing Chameleon?

It has been a long time since I used the Chameleon installer, but I don't think so.

Would it work if I installed Chimera 4.0 on the HDD instead of Chameleon?

Would it work if I installed Chimera 4.0 on the HDD instead of Chameleon?

It depends on what flags you need to use to enable graphics. Right now Chimera is pretty broken (IGPlatformID is broken).

I wouldn't use either... I'd use Clover...

For using Clover, I suggest you read here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-install-yosemite-hp-laptops-clover-uefi.html. Filter appropriately as some information is HP ProBook specific (omit HPFanReset.efi, most of the stuff in the ProBook Installer, for example).

So I think I might have an idea what the problem is. I created a second partition on my main Mavericks drive, and only installed the new Chameleon on the Yosemite partition. Do you think it would work if I also installed it on my Mavericks partition?

So I think I might have an idea what the problem is. I created a second partition on my main Mavericks drive, and only installed the new Chameleon on the Yosemite partition. Do you think it would work if I also installed it on my Mavericks partition?

boot1h will load /boot from the first HFS+ partition it finds, so yes with a bootloader installed to multiple partitions, it may not choose the one you think it should.

Indeed, I installed that chameleon on the mavericks HDD and now yosemite loads from the HDD. I found two kexts from insanelymac for HD4600 mobile graphics and I installed them and it worked on the USB but its not working on the HDD.

I actually tried that last night and I wasn't clear on the end of it. After I added the perl code in terminal, what do I do after that. Last night I restarted my computer and it hadn't worked.

I actually tried that last night and I wasn't clear on the end of it. After I added the perl code in terminal, what do I do after that. Last night I restarted my computer and it hadn't worked.

It will only work with vanilla kexts. If you put something else there, don't plan on it working. Also, make sure you did all the steps... there is more to it than just the perl scripts (Info.plist work, rebuilding cache, etc).

Then there is injection of ig-platform-id as well... Everything must be done correctly. One thing wrong and it won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back