Contribute
Register

First time Hackintosher (need help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having same issue i put the IGP platform in boot.plist and it doesn't boot this is a desktop machine tho any ideas? this is in Yosemite :rolleyes:

I'm having same issue i put the IGP platform in boot.plist and it doesn't boot this is a desktop machine tho any ideas? this is in Yosemite :rolleyes:

I don't know the details on desktop HD4600. It is off-topic here. You probably need to inject a compatible device-id.

Does Yosemite need a patched kernel for Haswell users? Will all my boot flags work as is?

Does Yosemite need a patched kernel for Haswell users? Will all my boot flags work as is?

It needs a patched kernel if your BIOS locks MSR 0xE2 (most laptops do). I have not published the details yet. The patch is already in Clover.

I have Yosemite installed on an external hard drive, can I test that out with my laptop to see if it works and how I can get it running?

I have Yosemite installed on an external hard drive, can I test that out with my laptop to see if it works and how I can get it running?

Running from an external HDD is slow and doesn't always work.

But I want to experiment and see what I need to do before I mess with my main HDD. Won't it be the same process with boot flags or whatever else I need to do?

But I want to experiment and see what I need to do before I mess with my main HDD. Won't it be the same process with boot flags or whatever else I need to do?

You're welcome to try it. Like I said, best case: slow. Worst case: it won't work.

Is there a guide for users who are updating from Mavericks?

Is there a guide for users who are updating from Mavericks?

I would not expect much of a guide for your specific laptop at such an early stage.

There is plenty of information if you use search in the Yosemite Laptop forum.

The process is not that much different than it was for Mavericks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back