Contribute
Register

First time Hackintosher (need help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok figured that out and it worked! As soon as I click the USB drive I see the Apple logo for a second and then it just boots windows.

Ok figured that out and it worked! As soon as I click the USB drive I see the Apple logo for a second and then it just boots windows.

What do you mean "click the USB drive"?

Did you use the latest Unibeast? Did you create it properly (MBR partitioning)?

I mean when I select USB from the chimera screen I also have Windows and RECOVERY options there. When I select USB, the apple logo pops up for a second then the computer restarts.

I mean when I select USB from the chimera screen I also have Windows and RECOVERY options there. When I select USB, the apple logo pops up for a second then the computer restarts.

Maybe you have Haswell CPU and have not patched the mach_kernel correctly.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-locked-msrs-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq.html

Also,

Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

I do have a Haswell CPU. Is my profile better now? Any other information you need please let me know.
So what do I have to do to the mach_kernel?

I do have a Haswell CPU. Is my profile better now? Any other information you need please let me know.
So what do I have to do to the mach_kernel?

See link in post #14.

ok so I patched the mach_kernel and it then worked, I formatted the HDD, and installed Mavericks, then I went to terminal and used the patched mach_kernel like you said, and after that now I clicked on my Mavericks partition and its stuck on the Apple logo with the loading icon circling.

ok so I patched the mach_kernel and it then worked, I formatted the HDD, and installed Mavericks, then I went to terminal and used the patched mach_kernel like you said, and after that now I clicked on my Mavericks partition and its stuck on the Apple logo with the loading icon circling.

What bootloader are you using?

what do you mean exactly and how can I tell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back