Contribute
Register

First time Hackintosher (need help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually I just dragged and dropped the files in S/L/E as per the instructions but I did nothing further.

actually I just dragged and dropped the files in S/L/E as per the instructions but I did nothing further.

That is not how you install a kext.

so I opened kext utility and it said to drag the kexts on the window and I did, so by doing this will it automatically put the kexts in there, or do I have to put them in S/L/E and then run kext utility and it'll repair and install properly?

so I opened kext utility and it said to drag the kexts on the window and I did, so by doing this will it automatically put the kexts in there, or do I have to put them in S/L/E and then run kext utility and it'll repair and install properly?

I'm not sure how Kext Utility works. I use Kext Wizard.

ok i downloaded kext wizard, same question as last, should I remove the 2 kext files I put in S/L/E or leave them there?

I installed them through kext wizard and the same message comes up in verbose mode, i used the cameleon boot flag you gave me last night, it still says waiting for DSMOS, but that bluetooth error message: 1. waited 30 seconds and did not get the commandwakeup, 2. could not communicate with bluetooth transport successully

I installed them through kext wizard and the same message comes up in verbose mode, i used the cameleon boot flag you gave me last night, it still says waiting for DSMOS, but that bluetooth error message: 1. waited 30 seconds and did not get the commandwakeup, 2. could not communicate with bluetooth transport successully

If you don't see "DSMOS has arrived" anywhere in the verbose output, then FakeSMC is not installed properly.

You should have installed via Multibeast: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...nagement-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-laptops.html

I have a haswell processor will that guide still help me, and I can't even get safe mode to boot up like it was yesterday using the same boot flags..

I have a haswell processor will that guide still help me, and I can't even get safe mode to boot up like it was yesterday using the same boot flags..

Haswell is the same as Ivy, except you should use a haswell era smbios and there is no need to use patched AICPUPM because the kernel does PM and it is already patched.

so I use this guide on another mac and set it up there and put it on the usb and load again or boot in safe mode (which isnt working) and do it through multibeast on this laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back