Contribute
Register

First time Hackintosher (need help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bootflag you just gave me loaded up the lock screen but it is still in safe mode. The USB is plugged in because when its not it says No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key. View attachment 84127

Boot using your USB, then install Chameleon to the HDD. After installing Chameleon, verify you have an active partition by running 'sudo fdisk /dev/disk0'. Active partition is marked with '*'. If you have a 4k/AF drive, you may also need to implement the boot0 fix: http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

There is no sense in trying to use Chameleon flags booting using the USB, because Chimera is still installed there.

ok so booting from the USB got me to the install screen i'm installing it again on the HDD, after its done the computer will restart and then I will boot the Mavericks HDD in safe mode and install Chameleon on the HDD and then check the active partition and then hopefully i'll be able to boot it in normal mode..correct?

ok so booting from the USB got me to the install screen i'm installing it again on the HDD, after its done the computer will restart and then I will boot the Mavericks HDD in safe mode

You will not be able to boot the newly installed partition directly. You will have to use the USB to be able to boot it. And even that won't work until you replace the mach_kernel on the HDD with the one on the USB. In order to do that, you'll have to boot into the OS X installer one more time and use Terminal to copy the file.

After that, you'll finish the install, then start post-installation (installing bootloader, selecting smbios using Multibeast).

You will not be able to boot without flags until you enter the proper flags into /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist (eg. IntelAzulFB=12, GraphicsEnabler=Y, Kernel Flags dart=0).

hey so what I did was instead of the whole unibeast method I came home and reformatted my USB drive with this tutorial: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...eon-dsdt-for-beginners-updated-for-mavericks/ and I used the patched mach_kernel I did earlier and I got to the install screen pretty easily but the built in keyboard and trackpad aren't working and I don't have a USB one of either, I have Apple's wireless keyboard and magic trackpad and they aren't working either. Any suggestions on how or if I can somehow get the built in keyboard to work or the bluetooth one or mouse, thanks.

hey so what I did was instead of the whole unibeast method I came home and reformatted my USB drive with this tutorial: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...eon-dsdt-for-beginners-updated-for-mavericks/ and I used the patched mach_kernel I did earlier and I got to the install screen pretty easily but the built in keyboard and trackpad aren't working and I don't have a USB one of either, I have Apple's wireless keyboard and magic trackpad and they aren't working either. Any suggestions on how or if I can somehow get the built in keyboard to work or the bluetooth one or mouse, thanks.

For working built-in keyboard and trackpad you need to add ps2 drivers to /Extra/Extensions on the USB. In Unibeast this is done by selecting "Laptop Support"

wait do I put the PS2 kexts in System/Library/Extentions or create an Extentions folder in Extra and put them in the new folder?

oh never mind I got it:)

IMG_1851.jpg
ok so I'm using Chameleon now and it gets stuck at the same spot, when i'm loading my HDD after installing it and replacing the mach_kernel to the patched one. I tried injecting igplatform and the IntelAzulFB=12 boot flag you gave me, both of them froze at the error message above. Could it be that I used the wrong patch for mach_kernel?

I believe this is the one I used: # for xpcm related panic/reboot 10.9.x kernelperl -pi -e 's|\x74\x6c(\x48\x83\xc7\x28\x90\x8b\x05..\x5e\x00\x85\x47\xdc)\x74\x54(\x8b\x4f\xd8\x45\x85\xc0\x74\x08\x44\x39\xc1\x44\x89\xc1)\x75\x44(\x0f\x32\x89\xc0\x48\xc1\xe2\x20\x48\x09\xc2\x48\x89\x57\xf8\x48\x8b\x47\xe8\x48\x85\xc0\x74\x06\x48\xf7\xd0\x48\x21\xc2\x48\x0b\x57\xf0\x49\x89\xd1\x49\xc1\xe9\x20\x89\xd0\x8b\x4f\xd8\x4c\x89\xca)(\x0f\x30\x8b\x4f\xd8\x0f\x32\x89\xc0\x48\xc1\xe2\x20\x48\x09\xc2\x48\x89\x17\x48\x83\xc7\x30\xff\xce)\x75\x99(\x5d\xc3)\x90{7}|\x74\x73${1}\x74\x5b${2}\x75\x4b${3}\x66\x81\xf9\xe2\x00\x74\x02${4}\x75\x92${5}|g' mach_kernel

View attachment 84190
ok so I'm using Chameleon now and it gets stuck at the same spot, when i'm loading my HDD after installing it and replacing the mach_kernel to the patched one. I tried injecting igplatform and the IntelAzulFB=12 boot flag you gave me, both of them froze at the error message above. Could it be that I used the wrong patch for mach_kernel?

I see "Waiting for DSMOS", but no "DSMOS has arrived". It is an indication you do not have FakeSMC installed.

I do though, I followed the instructions and put it in the System/Library/Extensions folder along with the NullCPUPowerManagement.

I do though, I followed the instructions and put it in the System/Library/Extensions folder along with the NullCPUPowerManagement.

Did you install with a program such as Kext Wizard that knows how to install kexts properly? Or did you repair permissions & rebuild cache after you "put it in the /S/L/E"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back