Contribute
Register

First time Hackintosh, Install Sierra stuck at Apple Logo with prohibited sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,
New to Hackintoshing, this is my first build and I've looked through the forums and seen other people with the same issue but cannot find fixes.

Basically when I try to install Sierra using Unibeast/Multibeast flash drive, I can select the USB drive to install Sierra, it loads the Apple logo and the process bar goes to just over half way then I get the prohibited sign and nothing happens. The first time I tried it, the process bar just hung there at around 1% and stayed there and I fixed that by enabling XHCI Hand-off under USB config in my BIOS. So I feel like the fix could lie within my BIOS but I've gone through every setting and I cant find that needs to be changed.. On my motherboard people are saying I need my Serial I/O config disabled but my mobo doesnt have that option, others say thats not the issue.

Im using a 7700K cpu with a Gigabyte z270x Ultra gaming mobo.

I have configured my BIOS to be the follow:
Fast boot -disabled
Windows 8/10 features - Other OS
LAN PXE Boot Option ROM - Disabled
Other PCI Devices - UEFI
Usb confi-XHCI Hand-off-Enabled
SATA Mode Selection - AHCI
VT-d - Disabled

And thats about it for what I changed.. So does anyone have any advice? Ive also tried another USB drive and reinstalling the same drive to the specified specs under installation instructions.
If you need more info I can try my best to provide it, all suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

Did you connect your monitor to displayport or hdmi port. Connect to hdmi port to install..after you finished the install then changed to displayport..

@seanmusic, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back