Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z170 MPower Gaming Titanium
CPU
i7-6700k
Graphics
Rx 480
So I finally got my Hackintosh to boot into macOs Sierra. I had to use Safe Mode in order for it to boot without failing. If I could get help with everything from below (minus upgrading to Mojave), I will have a fully-functional Hackintosh!

What I have left to do:
  • Get Proper Rx 480 Drivers (in about this mac, it shows my GPU as Radeon R9 XXX, and the generic display drivers make for some weird visual artifacts throughout the OS)
  • Login to iCloud (it says verification failed)
  • Enable Audio (I use Realtek Audio Manager on Windows because I have an MSI Mobo)
  • Enable Wifi, Bluetooth, and Airdrop (Not a priority because the pc is connected to ethernet)
  • Update to Mojave eventually

Below is old stuff.
**Most Recent Issue:**I have a Windows desktop that I built. My specs are i7-6700k, MSI Z170A MPower Gaming Titanium, and AMD Rx 480. I can get all the way through the macOs install process, but when the computer tries to boot for the first time, I get an error that says "Using Safe Mode. Error allocating 0x011912 pages at 0x0000000005a3c000 alloc type 2. Couldn't allocate runtime area. Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting..." And then the screen turns off and says no signal. Original Issue: I have a Windows desktop that I built. My specs are i7-6700k, MSI Z170A MPower Gaming Titanium, and AMD Rx 480. I have tried everything on tonymax86's website guide, but when I boot I only get a blue and grey boot option screen that looks similar to a bios. I really want to dual boot macOs and Windows, but I'm slowly starting to give up. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
I have a Windows desktop that I built, and I am trying to install macOs Sierra. My specs are i7-6700k, MSI Z170A MPower Gaming Titanium, and AMD Rx 480. (My CPU Cooler is the NZXT Kraken x62 if that matters.) I have tried everything on the tonymax86 hackintosh sierra guide, but when I boot I only get a blue and grey boot option screen that looks similar to a bios. I really want to dual boot macOs and Windows, but I'm slowly starting to give up. Any help would be greatly appreciated! (I also read online that my parts should be compatible.)

Edit: I own a MacBook Pro if that's important.

Hi there.

Let us know where the installation is failing.

For example, have you created a UniBeast stick and booted from that yet?

On a Boot Option screen you should be looking for an entry that probably begins with "UEFI:", any that begin with something like "P3:" won't boot MacOS.

How far are you getting?

:)

I have a Windows desktop that I built. My specs are i7-6700k, MSI Z170A MPower Gaming Titanium, and AMD Rx 480. I can get all the way through the macOs install process, but when the computer tries to boot for the first time, I get an error that says "Using Safe Mode. Error allocating 0x011912 pages at 0x0000000005a3c000 alloc type 2. Couldn't allocate runtime area. Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting..." And then the screen turns off and says no signal.

I have a Windows desktop that I built. My specs are i7-6700k, MSI Z170A MPower Gaming Titanium, and AMD Rx 480. I can get all the way through the macOs install process, but when the computer tries to boot for the first time, I get an error that says "Using Safe Mode. Error allocating 0x011912 pages at 0x0000000005a3c000 alloc type 2. Couldn't allocate runtime area. Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting..." And then the screen turns off and says no signal.

First boot to desktop should *still* be using the UniBeast stick and then selecting your newly installed SSD/HDD. Does that work?

First boot to desktop should *still* be using the UniBeast stick and then selecting your newly installed SSD/HDD. Does that work?
Yes. That is working. I ended up trying a vanilla install instead of using unibeast. I have a thread on ****** and that is what someone recommended that I do.

Yes. That is working. I ended up trying a vanilla install instead of using unibeast. I have a thread on ****** and that is what someone recommended that I do.

Ah ok, understood. I only use UniBeast to install these days and it covers all bases. After that MultiBeast makes the target drive bootable and installs most of what is needed. Hmmm - without knowing the alternative used it's difficult to understand where the problem is.

Sorry I couldn't help. Good luck :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back