Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5
CPU
Core i5 6600K
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
First time builder. I'm getting ready to build the vanilla CustomMac mATX as outlined in the February Buyer's Guide. I'm not going to be gaming with this machine or doing video editing; could I get away with a lesser graphics card than the EVGA GTX 960 Super Clocked? Like maybe the EVGA GT 740 SC (single slot) from the Budget Build? Will it fit in the enclosure, work with the system, and drive a couple of non-Retina monitors?

Like maybe the EVGA GT 740 SC (single slot) from the Budget Build? Will it fit in the enclosure, work with the system, and drive a couple of non-Retina monitors?

Yes, you could use that. You could also use the integrated HD530 to run two monitors. Just can't use the VGA output on the motherboard. DVI and HDMI will work. Which one did you pick ?

Last edited:
Yes, you could use that. You could also use the integrated HD530 to run two monitors. Just can't use the VGA output on the motherboard. DVI and HDMI will work. Which one did you pick ?
Thanks for the advice. Haven't done it yet. I can let you all know how it goes once I do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back