Contribute
Register

First time building a computer. (ever...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
p8z77-m pro
CPU
i5 - 3570k
Graphics
Zotac GTX 650 ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey all, so this is my first build ever... why am I starting off PC building with a hackintosh? Because it seems fun and not too much more complicated than a regular windows build + my wife is in love with Apple and wanted it to run OS X.

My goals for the build is to basically have the most powerful machine with the balance of power consumption and noise levels at the same time some tweakablility for overclocking (which I probably won't do much of).

Here's what I've put together and I've already purchased some of the part... Please advise if this will work out?

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-M PRO Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1GB Video Card
Case: Fractal Design Define Mini MicroATX Mini Tower Case <--- purchased
Power Supply: FSP Group 450W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply <--- purchased
Optical Drive: Sony DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer
RAM: Transcend JetRam 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) <--- purchased
Total: $634.73

HDD: Corsair Neutron 240GB SSD <--- already own.

Did some research to choose the right mATX board (thank you kduvernay).
I'm a little worried about compatibility with my video card and RAM.
Also, besides what I've mentioned, are there any things I'm missing? cables? fans? Like I said, I've never build a computer before.

Thanks.

Did some research to choose the right mATX board (thank you kduvernay).
I'm a little worried about compatibility with my video card and RAM.
Also, besides what I've mentioned, are there any things I'm missing? cables? fans? Like I said, I've never build a computer before.

Thanks.

Video card and ram will be OK. The one thing you might want to consider extra is a larger CPU cooler with a good quiet fan, especially if you plan to OC any.

Nice... Take your time with the build, gonna be a nice box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back