Contribute
Register

First Time Builder looking for a machine to handle a lot of film/photo/audio editing and some gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
OS X
CPU
2.5 GHz Core i7
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I need a machine that can handle a jack of all trades kind of work and also one that can handle some games. If such a machine can be built, it would be great to get some advise as to which pieces can be bought!

The thought is to maybe do the CustoMac Pro Socket 2011, but I was wondering if that still is the most powerful machine, or if there are new parts that are compatible that would be better for my needs.

The programs that will be used:
Adobe Photoshop CS5 ( hoping to update soon)
Adobe Illustrator
Sketchbook Pro
Adobe Audition
Motion
Final Cut
Adobe After Affects
Flash
ZBrush 4R7
Mari 2.0v2

As for gaming:
World of Warcraft
League of Legends
FarCry 4
Borderlands
Grand Theft Auto V
Garry's Mod
Skyrim

Is the CustoMac ProSocket 2011 strong enough to handle this load or are there better components out there now or is this absolute overkill?

There is also the question for running bootcamp on the machine, but I understand that post might do better on a separate part of this forum.

Thank you so much for your time! I look forward to the advise and suggestions!

Your best bet would be the Customac Pro with the Z97 boards and the Core i7 CPU.
A GTX 760 would work great for an OOB experience, or you could go with a GTX9xx series card and the nVidia web drivers.

Be aware of OS X update headaches and the need to have updated nVidia drivers available before upgrading OS X version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back