CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys... new to the forum! I was just curious what you guys thought about this build and if I needed to be aware of any issues before buying:

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P
Graphics Card: Gigabyte GV-R687OC-1GD Radeon HD 6870
RAM: Corsair Vengence Blu 1600Mhz DDR3 (16GB)
Case: Cooler Master RC692-KKN2
Power Supply: OCZ 500watt ModXStream Pro
Optical Drive: Sony Optiarc
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Green (1.5TB)

It's basically the same as the customac build #4 on the blog but I switched up the case, motherboard and hard drive. Lastly... I'm needing a wireless card for internet access, would appreciate your input with that as well. Thanks!

-Jared

JaredWard said:
Hey guys... new to the forum! I was just curious what you guys thought about this build and if I needed to be aware of any issues before buying:

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P
Graphics Card: Gigabyte GV-R687OC-1GD Radeon HD 6870
RAM: Corsair Vengence Blu 1600Mhz DDR3 (16GB)
Case: Cooler Master RC692-KKN2
Power Supply: OCZ 500watt ModXStream Pro
Optical Drive: Sony Optiarc
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Green (1.5TB)

It's basically the same as the customac build #4 on the blog but I switched up the case, motherboard and hard drive. Lastly... I'm needing a wireless card for internet access, would appreciate your input with that as well. Thanks!

-Jared

Case - no issue
Motherboard - it's in the DSDT database so should be fine - I haven't checked chipsets tho of audio, lan, etc but most of the Gigabyte boards use compatible chipsets.
HD - no issue

Wireless card - search for the Apple Airport Wifi hack - basically you buy an official apple Wifi card and use a PCIe converter to plug it in to your hack. It works a treat and is much better than using someone else's Wifi card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back