Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone. So this is my first time building a hackintosh or even a computer by myself. I'm trying to build a really powerful computer that can literally do everything and anything I wanted. If this was me 3 years ago, it would of been a PC but in early 2011 I switched to OS X and never looked back. I kind of have all my parts selected and picked out just wanted to see what you guys think and if they are compatible. Haven't bought any parts yet because this will be like a little personal side project I want to do and I plan on buying the parts little by little. Most likely my machine will be completed around summer time and I would like to run OS X 10.6.8. I don't know what it is, but I don't really like Lion. I might switch my mind by the time it's built. In other words, I like doing all my research before I invest money into anything especially technology because I want it to pay off I guess. But this is what I have chosen so far:

Case: The Define R4
Power: Corsair HX 850 80 Gold
Motherboard:
GA-X79-UD5
CPU: Intel Core i7 3930k Hexa Core
GPU:
EVGA GeForce GTX 680 or 690...this is the only thing I'm not sure yet. It's 50/50
Ram: 64GB Corsair Vengeance
CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i
Monitor:
ASUS PB278Q 27-Inch
Mouse: Logitech Performance MX
Keyboard: Logitech K800 Illuminated

Yes, I know it'll round up to a good $3K :| but I plan on building and having this for over 4-5 years at least. Unless everything dies out on me. So what do you guys think? Good? Bad? Any suggestions? Complains?

Hello everyone. So this is my first time building a hackintosh or even a computer by myself. I'm trying to build a really powerful computer that can literally do everything and anything I wanted. If this was me 3 years ago, it would of been a PC but in early 2011 I switched to OS X and never looked back. I kind of have all my parts selected and picked out just wanted to see what you guys think and if they are compatible. Haven't bought any parts yet because this will be like a little personal side project I want to do and I plan on buying the parts little by little. Most likely my machine will be completed around summer time and I would like to run OS X 10.6.8. I don't know what it is, but I don't really like Lion. I might switch my mind by the time it's built. In other words, I like doing all my research before I invest money into anything especially technology because I want it to pay off I guess. But this is what I have chosen so far:

Case: The Define R4
Power: Corsair HX 850 80 Gold
Motherboard:
GA-X79-UD5
CPU: Intel Core i7 3930k Hexa Core
GPU:
EVGA GeForce GTX 680 or 690...this is the only thing I'm not sure yet. It's 50/50
Ram: 64GB Corsair Vengeance
CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i
Monitor:
ASUS PB278Q 27-Inch
Mouse: Logitech Performance MX
Keyboard: Logitech K800 Illuminated

Yes, I know it'll round up to a good $3K :| but I plan on building and having this for over 4-5 years at least. Unless everything dies out on me. So what do you guys think? Good? Bad? Any suggestions? Complains?

Pretty expensive and powerful system! Should work if you choose the GTX680. The GA-X79-UD5 is out of production and if you cannot get it anymore then you can switch to the GA-X79-UP4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back