Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
This is a first time build for me.
I'm trying to dual boot El Capitan and Windows 10 on separate partitions from the same SSD.

Everything goes fine until post installation, typically after I install Nvidia's Web Driver.
After doing so, my system will either have a "no" sign, be stuck on the Apple loading screen, or the monitor will shut off during the loading screen. Otherwise, Windows seems to work fine other than a slow-ish WiFi speed.

My parts are as follows:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7 TH
CPU: Intel i7 4790K
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2
RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB (2 x 8GB)
PSU: Corsair RMx 550W
Case: NZXT H440
WiFi Card: TP-Link Archer AC1750 T8E

Please help. Im completely new to hackintosh-ing.

This is a first time build for me.
I'm trying to dual boot El Capitan and Windows 10 on separate partitions from the same SSD.

Everything goes fine until post installation, typically after I install Nvidia's Web Driver.
After doing so, my system will either have a "no" sign, be stuck on the Apple loading screen, or the monitor will shut off during the loading screen. Otherwise, Windows seems to work fine other than a slow-ish WiFi speed.

My parts are as follows:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7 TH
CPU: Intel i7 4790K
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2
RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB (2 x 8GB)
PSU: Corsair RMx 550W
Case: NZXT H440
WiFi Card: TP-Link Archer AC1750 T8E

Please help. Im completely new to hackintosh-ing.

Here's a post with information that may help: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/os-x-10-11-4-update.187001/#post-1209890. It's specifically talking about upgrading OS X to 10.11.4, but there are some pointers about installing Nvidia graphics drivers there as part of the process.

Here's a post with information that may help: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/os-x-10-11-4-update.187001/#post-1209890. It's specifically talking about upgrading OS X to 10.11.4, but there are some pointers about installing Nvidia graphics drivers there as part of the process.

Thank you for your reply.

The thread you reference seems to be for upgrading to El Capitan from Yosemite, but I attempted what it described.

I did a fresh install of El Capitan.
After the first boot, I allowed security permissions to allow apps from anywhere. Then, I ran El Capitan Multibeast, installing:
Realtek ALC1150,
3rd Party SATA, 3rd Party eSATA
FakeSMC v6, Plugins, HW Monitor
NullCPUPowerManagement
Intel AppleIntelE1000e
3rd Party USB 3.0
7/8/9 Series USB Support
Increase Max Port Limit
Clover v2.3k UEFI Boot Mode

Also setting my System Definitions to iMac 14,2 (as per your link).

After, I rebooted without the USB and followed these steps on the provided link.
Upon rebooting, at the Clover boot screen, click on the "gears" icon to stop the countdown to boot into El Capitan.
:ch: Arrow to or click on the 2nd line's "Boot Agrs"
:ch: Replace the "nvda_drv=1" with "nv_disable=1" (or add "nv_disable=1" if the former is not there) and type the keyboard's Enter or Return key.
:ch: Double click on the menu's Return option.
:ch: Boot into El Capitan's Desktop
:ch: Run the Nvidia web driver pkg and Reboot when its completed it's installation.

Upon reboot, on the Apple logo screen, the progress bar fills really slowly, then the system hangs as it gets to the end.

Tried rebooting with nv_disable=1 again, but it would still hang at the boot screen.
Tried booting via the USB, the monitor would should off at the middle of the boot screen.

Tried again booting via the USB, but I removed the Boot Args "dart=0" and "nvda_drv=1"
and replaced it with "nv_disable=1" and successfully booted into the OS.

I ran Clover Configurator and updated it.
I checked nv_disable=1 in the Boot Arguments, saved and closed.

Then I enabled Trimforce with the steps provided in your link, after which the system rebooted.
I removed the USB at attempted to get into the HFS El Capitan to no avail.

I went into the Boot Args and added: nv_disable=1, which oddly wasn't there.
I attempted to boot again, this time successfully.

I opened Clover Configurator again, adding nv_disable=1 to my Boot Args and restarted.
It's present this time, looking in the bootloader options and now can boot into El Capitan.

However, I don't think this fixes my problem. There seems to be a lot of graphics issues with the OS.
Most notably when El Capitan loads, and when I try using Launchpad.
Also, I have no audio.

I'm really not sure what to do at this point.

I went into the Boot Args and added: nv_disable=1, which oddly wasn't there.
I attempted to boot again, this time successfully.

I opened Clover Configurator again, adding nv_disable=1 to my Boot Args and restarted.
It's present this time, looking in the bootloader options and now can boot into El Capitan.

However, I don't think this fixes my problem. There seems to be a lot of graphics issues with the OS.
Most notably when El Capitan loads, and when I try using Launchpad.
Also, I have no audio.

Why do you keep adding the nv_disable=1 flag to your Boot Args? That does the opposite of what you want, it disables the Nvidia drivers. At this point you want to GET RID of nv_disable=1 and ADD nvda_drv=1 (which the Nvidia driver installation process should have done for you).

Sound is a separate issue - for help with that, go to the Post-Installation/Audio forum, figure out which situation matches yours best among the stickied threads (No Audio Devices, No Sound, etc.) and follow the instructions there.

Why do you keep adding the nv_disable=1 flag to your Boot Args? That does the opposite of what you want, it disables the Nvidia drivers. At this point you want to GET RID of nv_disable=1 and ADD nvda_drv=1 (which the Nvidia driver installation process should have done for you).

Sound is a separate issue - for help with that, go to the Post-Installation/Audio forum, figure out which situation matches yours best among the stickied threads (No Audio Devices, No Sound, etc.) and follow the instructions there.

Yes, I'm aware the the goal is to boot with nvda_drv=1 only and after I installed the Web Drivers that was added to my boot args. But as I said, when I would boot up like that, "on the Apple logo screen, the progress bar fills really slowly, then the system hangs as it gets to the end." I can't get into my system without adding nv_disable=1 otherwise.

It seems others have had this problem as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back