Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H
CPU
Core i7 4790
Graphics
GTX 770 4GB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hi,

This is going to be my first Hackintosh build.

From what I have seen and read up, I think all the parts i have chosen are compatible. I tried to stick to the buyers guide as close as possible.

But I thought I'd see if there is any feedback before I order the parts.

I will be using this build for 3D, VFX, Maya, C4D and After Effects mainly.

Any feedback or advise would be appreciated.

Thanks to TonyMac and everyone on the site. Been a great help!

The parts I'm looking to order are:

1. Intel Core i7-4790

2. 16GB (2x8Gb) Corsair ddr3-1600 Vengeance Lp Ram (CML16GX3M2A1600C10B)

3. Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H

4. Seagate 2Tb Hybrid drive (storage)

5. Corsair 240Gb Force GS series 2.5" SATA6G SSD

6. Corsair Carbide 500R case

7. Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB

8. Corsair TX650 modular power supply.

Hello,

The i7 4790 is the latest chip from Intel and requires a z79 motherboard. The boards are very new so there isn't much guidance on how well the new chip and z97 motherboards perform as a hackintosh. Might be worth going for a i7 4770 with a H87 motherboard (or 4770K with the z87 board if you want to overclock).

Thanks for the reply.

On the gigabyte website it says the 4790 is supported on the z87x-ud5h with the F9 BIOS.
Or am I missing something?

Ah yes my mistake. Getting the Haswell refresh and Broadwell confused...!

You could save some money by going for the GA-H87-D3H, since the Z87 chipset is for over clocking and you don't have a unlocked CPU. Not sure what features you need from the motherboard though so the UD5H might still be your best bet (better on board audio, etc..)

Not sure if the latest 4790 CPU will cause you problems but its worth keeping an eye out on some other user builds that pop up using this to make sure you don't run into any problems.

Also have a look at some builds with the Corsair RAM. Some reported freezes on Haswell builds with Corsair RAM. I have decided to go with Crucial or G-Skill in light of this, but obviously your mileage may vary.

Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back