Contribute
Register

first powermac g5 mod...Update 05-10. gtx 285 flash mac rom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
here are some benchmarking with applegraphicspowermanagement.kext fixed and macpro5.1 smbios setting.
temperature before test. idle state.
15.jpg

opengl mark.
16.jpg

temperature after the test.
17.jpg

navabench score
18-1.jpg

I have to say that I find this mod amazing, easily the best one I've seen and it's a huge inspiration for my mod. And gouedi, thanks for the consultation over pm; it's always nice to have someone with experience to ask about things.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

GORGEOUS! I LOVE THE PERFECT LOOK! AND THE SEXY BLUE-BLACK-GREY COLOR MIX!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

POw™

thanks everyone's reply...
i have time today... and made a capacitance touch sensor switch. made by a qtouch chip and it controls a relay, and use usb power. the touch panel is a quarter coin.
it can be used for power switch, dvd eject switch...etc...so for working very well..
IMG_0003.jpg

and i also modded my second apple BT. use a 3.3 regulator and other parts from old device..like router. radio box..and i will add a metal shield and a pci slot plate tomorrow..
IMG_0004.jpg

Untitled.jpg

the other BT is modded months ago. and i make a sma extendor to the rear io.
IMG_4422.jpg

Did you use a QT1040 chip?

I like your mod very much.... I like how the rear panel of the G5 was kept intact.
I'm thinking along those lines too... I know it's going to be more difficult (labor intensive) than just buying a mobo tray.

Love the L-bracket you made for the speaker and fan. Brilliant!

good to see some raw innovation, and the no fear approach to the soldering iron

great post

Could you put the diagrams of the devices that you built and mod for your G5 case mod?... I'm thinking in build my own g5, and i think that your diagrams could be very useful, for me and for all who want build your own g5 mod's.

I hope you can do it. Regards

WOW!!!! I absolutely LOVE this mod... My favorite of them all. I plan on doing something similar, just possibly with my own home made PCB for the I/O's, or maybe not haha idk..

Could you however elaborate on how much room there is between the I/O holes on the case itself and the ports on the Mobo if mounted flush to the PCI ports like yours is? I just want an estimate of how much room there is to work with...

And I am not trying to be picky, but, do you maybe have a pin-out diagram of the I/O's?

Thanks man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back