Contribute
Register

First look at the Asus Z790-E ROG Strix Motherboard

But that's with a different buffer size, no? Looks like 128 instead of 32. Hard to make out with this low res screenshot.
Today I changed the motherboard to a Z690 DDR5. I did a test for you on a 32 sample buffer. I started with 500 tracks:
Screenshot 2022-11-04 at 20.08.48 copy.png

Y’all are on it! I’m an old fart with a z390/i9-9900K/64GB/RX580 that I had running Mojave. I got to dickering with it and ended up having to put Win 10 back on it a couple of years ago. I’m running Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.10 right now with an Avid HD Native Thunderbolt. My plan is to keep the z390/i9 as a VI server, build a new z790/i9/128GB and put Monterey on it via Open Core. A lot to learn on my end. But it seems y’all got it going on. So I’ll keep watching what you‘re doing.
Peace!

Y’all are on it! I’m an old fart with a z390/i9-9900K/64GB/RX580 that I had running Mojave. I got to dickering with it and ended up having to put Win 10 back on it a couple of years ago. I’m running Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.10 right now with an Avid HD Native Thunderbolt. My plan is to keep the z390/i9 as a VI server, build a new z790/i9/128GB and put Monterey on it via Open Core. A lot to learn on my end. But it seems y’all got it going on. So I’ll keep watching what you‘re doing.
Peace!
A word of warning about the Avid HD Native Thunderbolt: Builtin Thunderbolt is not well supported on newer mobo's. You may need to get an older PCIe TB card and flash the firmware.
Let us know how you get on with your new build.

Today I changed the motherboard to a Z690 DDR5.
How is it possible to get these sequential read/write speeds from a consumer NVMe drive ? RAID setup ? Ram Disk ?

Screen Shot.jpg

@ori69 what speeds are you seeing when you run the 5GiB test? I don’t normally run the 1GiB test so have no idea how this Raid setup compares to a standard 5GiB test result from Black Magic Disk Speed test.

@ori69 what speeds are you seeing when you run the 5GiB test? I don’t normally run the 1GiB test so have no idea how this Raid setup compares to a standard 5GiB test result from Black Magic Disk Speed test.
RAID 8TB - 4xSN850X 2TB
Zrzut ekranu 2023-08-24 o 18.27.43.png

Back