Contribute
Register

First Hackmini: GA-H61N-USB3 i3-2105 mini-ITX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I updated to Mountain Lion and still the same problem...I have everything working except for usb3 (kinda gave up on that after hearing its not possible with my ga-h61n-usb3 mb) and still no qe/ci...theres no ripple effect when adding a widget to the dashboard, my vram is at 480mb and i have no idea what else there is to try. ive tried installing all kinds of kexts but nothing works still :p

EDIT: Nevermind...i figured out its because im using a VGA monitor, I used pippox0's solution and it works perfectly!

EDIT...again: Well i spoke to soon, There arent any artifacts like there were before but iMovie says that Quartz Extreme is not enabled and the cover flow in iTunes says that it doesnt work for this computer...And i dont know if i can change the screen resolution because im using an ancient "15 Inch Dell monitor. Oh and i can't view photos in iPhoto, Preview, and I cant type anything in Pages... Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? :/

Well i have this same exact board and CPU. And i am looking to see if VGA, DVI and HDMI work, i will post on here as well as on my build thread when im done. Still need to purchase the optical drive i actually realized to late that i didnt order it. But i am installing from a USB so i dont think i should have any problems.

Also, i am using an SSD dirve for the OS and will put in an as big as i can fit in there drive for backups and huge storage.

What are your overall thoughts on this board/cpu, i wondering how it will do in the benchmark department with the SSD drive as opposed to the regular drive?

Let us know how its going.

Apple hasn't supported VGA natively in OS X since Moses was a child, especially for HD3000. I can confirm HDMI and DVI work w/o problems in HD3000/4000. I have a GT 210 graphics card which does work with the VGA port, but that's a rare card.

Hi,
I have the same board (with an i5 2500 and a HIS branded Radeon 6870), and everything works flawlessly (usb3, network, audio..), except Sleep..
Here is my multibeast cfg and my chameleon.boot.plist
7b4fc8d4e153e2fc7a6a92ccb8d67b721da3c9b6.png

I also tried to change the system definitions from macpro3,1 to macpro5,1 (gives kp) and to macmini (no changes).
Any idea ?

hello wader1. Because change my system (LGA 775) and saw that you have the same processor as the one I ordered. I want to ask you if there is any GUIDE on what settings are placed in the BIOS boot Flags and what to use. Or what you've done?
Here are my future components:
Gigabyte GA-H61M-S2PV v.2.2
CPU i3-2105 with HD3000 video card
RAM 8GB /with future upgrade to 16GB/
and now waiting for them to arrive.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back