NVIDIA GeForce GT 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
When attempting to install Snow Leopard 10.6.3, I am able to get to the splash screen; however, it never moves past that point.

Hardware:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H (LGA1150)
Processor: Intel Core i3-4170, 3.7 GHZ, 3MB Cache, LGA1150
Hard Drive: Seagate 80 GB (Already formatted for Mac (GUID and Mac OS Extended (Journaled) formats))
Ram: Hyperx 4GB DDR3

I am currently using the onboard graphics card, but I will be using an NVIDIA GeForce GT630.

I have an alternative way of installing OS X onto the hard drive I have (Black-box); however, the OS X will be El Capitan as that is what my MacBook Air is running currently. I do not wish to install this version unless absolutely necessary.

I have been using iBoot, so if I need to use something else, please let me know.
I have tried using the PCIRootUID=1 and PCIRootUID=0 along with -x, -v, and GraphicsEnabler=No. I have tried combining them and I have tried them separately.
Any combinations with -v lead me to a black screen, but other combinations that I have tried have lead me to the splash screen where it does not move forward.

The BIOS has been configured similarly to the following post: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/iboot-multibeast-install-mac-os-x-on.html

I will be triple booting my machine once I can get the Mac OS X to install. I have two other hard drives (both are Seagate 80GB) that already have Windows 7 Ultimate and Linux Mint Quiana installed. I have a 3 TB for storage space.

Any help or advise would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Please follow the rules and put your hardware in your profile and/or create a sig.

For your hardware you need to be using iBoot Haswell.

I have updated my profile as well as my signature.

iBoot Haskell worked; however, I am now stuck at the splash screen when loading from the hard drive itself. I have installed MultiBeast Snow Leopard- EasyBeast and the System Utilities as stated in the following post:
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.fr/2010/04/iboot-multibeast-install-mac-os-x-on.html

If I put the iBoot Disc back in, I get a pop up saying I need to restart my computer (after I have already done so).

The exact pop up says "You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button until it turns off, then press the Power button again."

Any advice?

I have updated my profile as well as my signature.

iBoot Haskell worked; however, I am now stuck at the splash screen when loading from the hard drive itself. I have installed MultiBeast Snow Leopard- EasyBeast and the System Utilities as stated in the following post:
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.fr/2010/04/iboot-multibeast-install-mac-os-x-on.html

If I put the iBoot Disc back in, I get a pop up saying I need to restart my computer (after I have already done so).

The exact pop up says "You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button until it turns off, then press the Power button again."

Any advice?

Forget MultiBeast and trying to boot SL from the HDD. There is no support for Haswell hardware in the kernel.
Just install 10.6.3, booting with iBoot Haswell, download the 10.6.8 update (combo) and install it, reboot with iBoot Haswell, download El Capitan from the app store and create a UniBeast USB installer. Install El Capitan and then run MultiBeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back